Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chris2k
    7500rpm launch.. dude i think that's a bit high. you will end up breaking something.

i recommend a 6000rpm launch. much better
    if i launch at 6000 the revs drop down heaps, even with dropping the clutch

Bah, sif s2000's arnt fast... even a mid 14 run is very respectable...

Geez people there only 2.0L engines... They rev to all ****, but still 2.0L engines. Not much short of a turbocharged car, or a v8 will keep up with them, and a s2000 will chop all but the current generation of australian v8's in a streight line, you were putting down better times than motor did with the brand new $70,000 Falcon GTP 5.4L V8, so dont be to upset. Not to mention there comfort, looks, and finish.

Bah ill swap you anyday mate, the s2000 will be my next car, when they come down into the mid 20's whenever that is.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+K20A2 = 12.79sec
    s2000 more like a track car.... and you cant really say that they are slow just by looking at their drag times...try to have a look at track times...
    btw i know this 1 guy did 13.9 stock s2k with no cat ...btw 14.1 for me was my 1st time dragging, i launched at below 5500...

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    for all of you with S2k's that launch at or below 6k, does yours bog down?

http://teamintegrated.org/random/launch.AVI

cos it bogs down even at 7k launches :S

I used to launch at 6krpm with the stock setup. I did not get any bogging with the stock setup. Don't quote me on it but I don't think the car vtec at stationary.

What tyres, rims and clutch do you have?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+K20A2 = 12.79sec
    depend on the weather i say...that time was very cold... it affects so much....and try to slip the clutch lil bit instead of dropping it..

Member Array
    Car:
    was a DC4...
    Quote Originally Posted by 9krpm
    I used to launch at 6krpm with the stock setup. I did not get any bogging with the stock setup. Don't quote me on it but I don't think the car vtec at stationary.

What tyres, rims and clutch do you have?
    its my bro's (hondaboy) ride
    its stock as a rock

yeh, VTEC don't work when stationary

Quote Originally Posted by EG_2_TEG
    for all of you with S2k's that launch at or below 6k, does yours bog down?

http://teamintegrated.org/random/launch.AVI

cos it bogs down even at 7k launches :S
    do s2k's have traction control or something?

it does bog down a lot...! :P... but that means u gotta launch it harder hahah

my car wouldn't even move off the line at 7000rpm... just sit there bouncing off the limiter...

^ it sounds like you toasted your clutch
    my mate did the same thing at 9krpm lol

a lot of pple recommended 7krpm clutch drop
    6krpm worked for me so I did not put my car to that torture.....not that I did this very often when I had the stock clutch. You just have to drop it and floor the acc pedal and let the wheel brake loose.

Warning: the stock clutch is prone to accelerated wear with this style of driving.

nah i dont have an s2k, clutch is ok.. but no lsd + fwd + shitty tires = shitty launch traction

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    S2000
    lol - the s2k isnt a quarter car..

pop it on the track with the ITR - that is if the ITR doesnt mind being lapped

ok, on the quarter mile track, my car does bog down heaps.

on the street it isnt too bad, if i launch at 7k or so, i get a bit of wheelspin, and the tailend gets quite happy

yesterday i took the s2k out for a bit of motorsport action (the track was just normal road surface)
    i launched at 7000+rpm about 12 times over the course of the day and it spun everytime without bogging down.

my personal conclusion: on normal road surface it doesnt quite bog down, on a grippy drag track it does bog down.

ps. on the track yesterday i came 4th against a total of 20 cars, and i think mine was one of the few stock and NA rides