Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 11

Water inside the spare wheel well of my new Accord Euro

I've had my 2011 Accord Euro for a couple of weeks. This week we had some heavy rain in Sydney. I was surprised to find a pool of water inside the boot where you normally have the spare wheel. Surprisingly the lining around the boot wasn't wet. I have notified the dealer and they want to keep the car for a few days to do some test.

The dealer confirm that the car had never been in an accident and it's brand new. However it's done 78km when I took delivery of it. The date of manufacture was October 2011.

Can anyone help as to what the problem may be?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Generally there is a rubber bung in the spare wheel well, check to make sure that is still there and it is sealing properly.

How long since you picked it up? Sometimes the pre delivery detail is done with the boot open as they use the gurni around the boot seal - could be some residual water from that...bit of a stretch for that to be the case though to be honest.
    OHSC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 11
    We've checked the rubbers and they are where they should be. Two days after I took delivery of the car I had a chance to inspect the boot and it was dry at the time.

You could run a hose over your boot in between all the seals for a while and see if it gets wet, although usually your boot mat would be wet if this was the case.

Is it possible a drink has been spilled in the boot at some stage and now only because of the rain you have noticed it?