Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast
    Injen CAI better bang for buck IMO

Quote Originally Posted by -JC- View Post
    Pics of an OEM intake hose with a split in it or GTFO.
    Yeah, OEM intake hose eventually splits. Mine even split back with my OEM airbox, don't know how that happened?

Judging from where the crack was and fracture pattern, it may have been due to engine movement and vibrations because there was a point in time where I had to drive with broken engine mounts while I waited for my order to arrive.

Didn't know it was broken until a few months after so that's just a theory.

Here it is:

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by CivicTypeR View Post
    Yeah, OEM intake hose eventually splits. Mine even split back with my OEM airbox, don't know how that happened?

Judging from where the crack was and fracture pattern, it may have been due to engine movement and vibrations because there was a point in time where I had to drive with broken engine mounts while I waited for my order to arrive.

Didn't know it was broken until a few months after so that's just a theory.

Here it is:

oh wow!!

what happens if it cracks??

car is still drivable right?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny07 View Post
    oh wow!!

what happens if it cracks??

car is still drivable right?
    It will suck unfiltered air.

Also today noticed that the clunk from the steering rack has returned same as everyone else's . I had my rack regreased about 3 months ago and 2000km seems way too soon to need another regreasing.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    It will suck unfiltered air.

Also today noticed that the clunk from the steering rack has returned same as everyone else's . I had my rack regreased about 3 months ago and 2000km seems way too soon to need another regreasing.
    Yeah still driveable, but not recommended..

I found the clunking noise disappeared when I changed my rotors and pads.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Nah the clunking noise is coming from the steering rack I'm pretty certain about that cause when I turn the steering wheel I hear it and feel it through the column

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EP3R
    Nah the clunking noise is coming from the steering rack I'm pretty certain about that cause when I turn the steering wheel I hear it and feel it through the column
    Regrease time?
    VTEC? Yes please.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by bluey45 View Post
    Regrease time?
    I did it like 2000km ago.... Im guessing its the slider that has worn out, if Im correct my understanding is that the slider is made out of some plastic. If thats the case it was an unwise material to choose by Honda engineers.
    Does anyone else feel that even though the ep3 is well built it just doesnt have that proper JDM built feel to it?

I did it like 2000km ago.... Im guessing its the slider that has worn out, if Im correct my understanding is that the slider is made out of some plastic. If thats the case it was an unwise material to choose by Honda engineers.
    Does anyone else feel that even though the ep3 is well built it just doesnt have that proper JDM built feel to it?
    I reckon it does.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Most likely because EP3's aren't actually properly JDM, they're EDM (built in the UK).
    The JDM Facelift models have JDM engines but they were still assembled in the UK.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Better change ur username lol

Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    Most likely because EP3's aren't actually properly JDM, they're EDM (built in the UK).
    The JDM Facelift models have JDM engines but they were still assembled in the UK.
    JDM facelift? Pre-fl have jdm k20a as well...