Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by greek_rambos2k View Post
    basicaly i want to spend 4ish grand on a power upgrade.

toda ITBs

greddy turbo kit

comptech supercharger

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    IF you go FI, there'd be alot of problems with S2k driveshafts with big power. All over the net. People get stronger aftermarket ones. I cant tell you what cause I dont really know but the info is there.

If you run like 8 psi you should be fine though. Maybe less. F20C are highly tuned from the factory with hi comp pistons, with FI you need low comp.

Also when you consider your upgrade, consider othe necessary upgrades to such as a HD clutch, ECU and tune. Installing a supercharger,turbo is simple as 'slapping' it on.
    As I hear alot of tools say.

Think about how much power you want. Can your gb realistically handle that power? You may need to factor in a gearbox rebuilt with stronger parts.

-You will need good tyres to get that power on the ground.
    -BRAKES, no point in going fast if you write yourself off in the first corner.
    Well currently running ad08 tyres. 225 front and 255 rear so tyres are qute good. Also i have put better brake fluid in and ds2500 pads. Im getting a new exedy hd clutch soon as mine is slipping. I wanted around 300hp at the wheels. Ish

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    ^^ LOL ericl33

Really stupid question to be honest. And 4k? you'd need to set your budget higher than that. Take note what DakDak posted before. And btw hows your rear diff? S2k rear diffs are known to be weak. Should set money aside for when it does blow. Also check your engine mounts.

First tell us what engine mods you have done to your s2k?
    What I would do is go with turbo or supercharged. Get the kit, get an aftermarket ecu and get it tuned. You can run low boost on stock motor usually around 7-9psi? or something
    Also depends on how good the tune is. Otherwise you'd be coming back to the tuner non stop regarding problems etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000 AP1
    which conversion is cheaper, turbo or sc? i would prefer a sc as i like smooth power over the turbo kicking in... if that makes sence. lol yeh i can spend more then 4 i just have 4 atm... lol. What would the build cost? my car mods so far include: "performance wise"

K&N replacement filter
    cooling plate
    HKS hi flow catback
    hi flow cat 100cel (havent installed it yet tho)
    eibach springs
    js heat shield
    torque damper
    oz alegeritta rims 17x7.5 (225 tyre) and 17x8.5 (255 tyre)
    yokohama ad08s
    ds2500 brake pads

Yeah i know s2k difs arnt great. Mine is fine though atm. makes a little tiny bit of a noise but LSD works fine. I dont do burnouts or anything

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    I dont know much about turbo/supercharging f20c motors. If you're really serious maybe have a talk with some workshops that have done the work before, or other s2k owners who have done it. Look at some build threads and have a read through on what they have done.

Easiest way to achieve that 300hp is turbocharging. As for what kit is cheaper, gotta have a look around.
    For that smooth power delivery a turbo kit would work great depending on what turbo you're running and how its tuned, you may have full boost kick in as early as 3-4k rpm for a more linear power curve. Same as a supercharger kit. I guess it all comes down to your decision, turbo or supercharged.

You can get a full turbo kit for like $7k+
    but remember, you have to get it tuned as well, and also as someone mentioned before strong diff.

Why are you looking at more power anyways? What's your purpose?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    In your case - the best option in my opinion is the S/C option.

Supercharging your vehicle can be done in your own garage over a weekend - most kits are BOLT ON. You will not NEED to think much about adding sophisticated fuel management, as most super charger kits come with RRFPR. These kits can be bought from the states for around 2-2.5k not incl. shipping give or take quality and completeness of the kit. Well when I was looking at this route anyway.

It'll be more suited to daily driving as it doesn't stress your motor too much if your on a 5psi pulley and you won't be breaking axles on a daily basis!

Oh, and you don't need to modify anything in the bay - so you can return it to stock if you decide to sell the kit for a turbo kit couple months later. :P

Peace.

Account Disabled Array
    save more money

S2Krazy Array
    420whp.
    Stock diff.
    Stock axles.
    Stock clutch.
    No issues.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

I really dont understand why people are so negative to FI.. been boosted for over a year at around 250rkw, stock everything apart from clutch and my car takes a beating day in day out.

get a base SC kit if you want to make around 290-300whp.. can be done for 4-5k if you do the install yourself..

you shouldn't break a thing at that power level..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    From what I have read the standard f20c can handle 14 psi... Done a bit of reading on s2ki and ppl are putting down over 400 hp atw... This would be insane to drive over stock

Check out the mase turbo kit for some inspiration !

Strengthening your drivetrain would be costly, like ludecrs said he was running stock gear and held up fine... If you upgrade what you think might break budget for 20k lol... Just repair as you go.

Turbo itttt

You can get a full turbo kit for like $7k+
    but remember, you have to get it tuned as well, and also as someone mentioned before strong diff.

Why are you looking at more power anyways? What's your purpose?
    smug self-satisfaction of owning and driving a 300 rwkw convertible