Member Array
    Car:
    Integra

Car cover for dc2

Hi guys, I only drive my dc2 on the weekends and I don't have room in my garage so I have to park it outside on the driveway. It is black in color and I dont want it to fade.. So would a car cover be of much help? Is there any particular type of cover to get that protects it from the sun or do they all do the same job? And I also heard from someone that he left a cover over his car for a couple of months and when he took it off the roof was faded, why would this be? Sorry for all the questions.. Just don't want my car paint to fade.. Thanks in advance!

Because wind blows the cover around, it keeps rubbing on the car, thus can marr(spelling mistake) the paint. Get some LSP like SEAL Strong by Final Inspection, or just keep it waxed every 3 months or so, that'd help.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah it will scrub your paint like khan~ said, know this from experience. Just polish/wax it frequently and rotate the way you park the car so that the sun doesn't constantly hit the same side of the car.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    putting up a shade cloth could help, but yeh those covers are known to act as sandpaper against the paint.