Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    I own an Engine
    I read an interesting article on the history and development of the prelude, the original designer had planned the car to be awd, however the other heads at honda were fixated with fwd, as well as to cut costs it was scrapped.

What we got out of all that design and planning was the shitty ATTS system which was meant to be better then a good lsd but failed miserably.

I'll try to find that article it was a real good read.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Yeah, if it were RWD and turbo, I'd see it as a somewhat viable alternative to a Silvia, and I'd definitely have one rather than an Integra.

I wonder how a V6 RWD Prelude would have worked out? Just something that was a more practical and less hard-edged alternative to an S2k.
    If the Prelude was a V6 Turbo RWD, it would be a completely different car.
    It's a 4Cyl FWD Coupe, if you don't like it that's just too bad.

There is no doubt that a BB4/BB6 Lude is one of the most driver and pocket friendly P Plater legal cars on the road.
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Last edited by GSi_PSi; 24-04-2012 at 04:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Jccck View Post
    If the Prelude was a V6 Turbo RWD, it would be a completely different car.
    It's a 4Cyl FWD Coupe, if you don't like it that's just too bad.

There is no doubt that a BB4/BB6 Lude is one of the most driver and pocket friendly P Plater legal cars on the road.
    Yes, and my point is, it should be. This thread highlights my issue. If we have the Civic, Integra and Prelude, those are three NA 4cyl FWD coupes. I don't see the point in having such a similar line up.

At the same time, Nissan had a more varied line-up. They had a light, RWD 4cyl turbo; a couple of RWD NA sixes; a turbo RWD six; and an AWD turbo six. There's a lot more variety there. That's why I'm saying that, yes, the Prelude should have been a different car, just to differentiate it from the rest of the line-up.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Same story with Toyota.

Would've been nice if the crx/delsol was MR, and the prelude AWD, with the teg being an FR leaving only an FF civic.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Yes, and my point is, it should be. This thread highlights my issue. If we have the Civic, Integra and Prelude, those are three NA 4cyl FWD coupes. I don't see the point in having such a similar line up.

At the same time, Nissan had a more varied line-up. They had a light, RWD 4cyl turbo; a couple of RWD NA sixes; a turbo RWD six; and an AWD turbo six. There's a lot more variety there. That's why I'm saying that, yes, the Prelude should have been a different car, just to differentiate it from the rest of the line-up.
    dude, you seem to be very solid that nissan>honda and RWD>FWD, what are you doing here? should be on nissansilvia.com lol
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    dude, you seem to be very solid that nissan>honda and RWD>FWD, what are you doing here? should be on nissansilvia.com lol
    I feel that the point I made about Nissan offering different options was valid. I didn't say anything about the RWD vs. FWD debate.

What I actually did say was: why have three vehicles with very similar drivetrains and layouts?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    not just your last comment but your comments earlier and in other threads. like when you said that RWD is better overall performance in that guys DC5S thread.

i dunno man it just seems like you spend a lot of time here but dont like honda much. not saying you have to like honda but it's just odd to me.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    OP, don't even bother with the ej8. Get a manual B-series Vti-R, be it prelude, integra or civic.

Get the cleanest car, regardless. They are all old cars and there aren't many good examples out there anymore, so keep your options open.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    not just your last comment but your comments earlier and in other threads. like when you said that RWD is better overall performance in that guys DC5S thread.

i dunno man it just seems like you spend a lot of time here but dont like honda much. not saying you have to like honda but it's just odd to me.
    ozhonda welcomes all members abourd
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    ozhonda welcomes all members abourd
    fair enough
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Civic has the most space outta all of em, and interesting enough has almost same room as most average 4 door saloon vehicles... My mates Xr6 has slighty less leg room than my civic at the back, surprised me alot!

From my experience civic vs teggy

As a driver, i think most ppl would opt for the feel of DC2 cabin as its more enclosed, an feels like u can engage more to the car, and u also sit lower compared to the civic.... Civic on the other hand, Very roomy, but sometimes i wished it had more of a dc2 enclosed feeling to it.. and the roof line/profile is a bit to high for my liking, and with a bucket seat with low rails, theres HEAPS of head room, kinda wished they had a lower roof line similar to that of teggy for that more sporty look, but guess thats what dc2 is there for lol....

As for driving, Em1 vs Dc2, dc2 has a better feel to it... but em1 IMO looks better and easier to live with, as theres room for passengers, a decent sized boot, doesnt attract attention as much
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC