Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    DC2R gonna keep its value ?

LOL

Just because the R is dead, doesn't mean it will hold its value. They are dropping like horse shit. Only the extremely clean examples will hold their value and I only know of about 5 in Australia.

Other than that, A JDM tax might be in place for the JDM DC2R.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    i guess you are right. its just so hard to make up my mind on what i want. like i know the car that i have right isnt in perfect condition. its just that i am sort of tired wasting a lot of money on it. im only a part time worker cause of year 12 still. but like looking at my other mates and their hondas make me want one of theirs. i love my eg8 but i just found out again that i need to replace the rear drum brake pads and i have spent over 2k in the past 4 months of owning the car. it was my fault that i didnt check the car properly. like just the basics such as oils, any blowing of smoke signs, feel of the clutch and gearbox etc. it just caught my eye and i wanted it straight away. but yeah like i said ive replaced a lot of stuff on it but nothing after market just the same motor and stuff. im still looking at ej8/em1 and dc2 vtir. not a big fan of the prelude even though it is a very beautiful car. but im more of a sporty type a person. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    dont bother with an ej8... em1, ek4 or dc2 vtir... mate had an ej8 before his em1... all he ever thought about while owning the ej8 was how much he wished he had an em1... and once he got the em1 all he'd think about was how it was that much better than an ej8... then again...

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    DC2R gonna keep its value ?

LOL

Just because the R is dead, doesn't mean it will hold its value. They are dropping like horse shit. Only the extremely clean examples will hold their value and I only know of about 5 in Australia.

Other than that, A JDM tax might be in place for the JDM DC2R.
    there are a fair few clean ones around imo.

but you never hear of them, the owners love them and hold onto them.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I reckon its held its value quiet well. Just like the JDM AE86's. Look at them holdens and fords out there. They drop like horse shit.

Please keep in mind we are talking about cars that over 11 years old now, and thats the minimum age.
    Last edited by amant02; 26-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Account Disabled Array
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Buy a dc2r again as its gonna keep its value (hopefully not looking to buy one soon) sell it when u on your fulls and get a turbo?

Just an idea. I wouldn't use too much modding a car this old, sliva's cost just abit more. I just like the peace of mind of factory.

The em1 is just too sexy, the stance can get more aggressive. While she was in my possession the rims cambered alot more.
    I have no idea what you said.

Account Disabled Array
    I reckon its held its value quiet well. Just like the JDM AE86's. Look at them holdens and fords out there. They drop like horse shit.
    I wouldn't bother with a dc2r unless it was clean, all trashed by P platers doin the vtak

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    How much is a rebuild these days? 3k? or less?

And if you really loved it alot just clean her up yourself.
    Last edited by amant02; 26-04-2012 at 12:38 AM.

Account Disabled Array

It's not the same,

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    well the hard part is trying to sell my car now :/

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs

When people say 'clean' they don't mean the engine being in good condition..

Yeah you can replace an engine.. But can you replace a chassis ?

Change bushings all you want, do as many rebuilds as you want.. It will never be as good as one that has been looked after and has minimal KM's.

I know of a few bauwau, when I said 4-5 in the country, I meant those that are under 15,000km's from stock.

There was a member on JDMST that sold his DC2R for around the 22k mark last year. It was tracked quite frequently and had only the best parts on it. At the end of the day, it was still an extremely clean example and STILL felt like new!

Just gotta find those uber clean ones and expect to pay 20 to 30k for them and leave them in the garage haha.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    is it worth getting gsi integra? and then get a conversion afterwards? has anyone here ever like raced a b18b vs the 18c2?