Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    is it worth getting gsi integra? and then get a conversion afterwards? has anyone here ever like raced a b18b vs the 18c2?

goku pls

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    is it worth getting gsi integra? and then get a conversion afterwards? has anyone here ever like raced a b18b vs the 18c2?
    I have a GSi. I have absolutely no intention of installing any kind of performance modification, or taking it to the track, as such an endeavour would be pointless. As far as daily driving is concerned, though, it was an absolute bargain, and is a lovely car to drive.

I'd still swap it for a clean EG, though.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

you were thinking of a B18C for your civic in the future dude, it would be a waste of money to buy another car with an engine you don't want....

GSi is a great car to drive but if VTEC is what you want then you are better off getting a car that has it in the first place rather then spending many $$$ on an engine swap later.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    One of my mates did that, i still give him shit about it. He had a dc4 for 5k few years back. She was nice stock and it took us to uni and back (100km trip) 5 days a week. He ended up blowing close to 12k on the type r conversion lolol (body, engine, brakes, suspension, recaro's, rims even went as far as the decals) and it still don't look no where as nice as a type R. There's just something about it. Funniest thing of all when a 'real' type R drives by him they always high-beam or honk at him lolol.

WHAT A RICER LOLOL!

PS: That 12k came after finishing uni, when he had a full time job.
    Last edited by amant02; 28-04-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Glad you're leaning towards the integra lololol

As stated, don't bother putting b18c2 or c7 into a gsi, just buy a vtir (or a type r if budget allows for it)

As far as things you are concerned about, vtec crossover will be most obvious in the dc2r, but em1 sounds nice on vtec

Vtir crossover isn't as pronounced due to dual intake...

The best advice I can give is similar to amant02 above: if you don't get a type r don't try and make it a type r. It won't ever be one, so just try and make it a nice vtir, you can even make it faster than a dc2r if you want...

Best of luck with whatever you choose!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Although you can always easily (if not cheaply) turbo a GSi for something a bit different.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    ok thanks guys. i am actually going to get the dc2 vtir i think. but i still cant get over the looks of the em1. i love it too. haha. but i will make up my mind in time. thank you soo much for your help again. oh btw i drove my mates bb6 vtir today and it was unbelievable. it was great. it was an auto though thats the downside for me. but i used the semi-auto on it and its not that bad. i dont know if its me, it felt like it had a slow acceleration. maybe cause its semi auto? i was nervous driving it though. just being careful cause its not my car. cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    ok thanks guys. i am actually going to get the dc2 vtir i think. but i still cant get over the looks of the em1. i love it too. haha. but i will make up my mind in time. thank you soo much for your help again. oh btw i drove my mates bb6 vtir today and it was unbelievable. it was great. it was an auto though thats the downside for me. but i used the semi-auto on it and its not that bad. i dont know if its me, it felt like it had a slow acceleration. maybe cause its semi auto? i was nervous driving it though. just being careful cause its not my car. cheers
    Good luck bra

like I said, any of these cars are good, just get one that looks good and is mechanically sound
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    ^ exactly best of luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    auto is slow, manual is a fair bit quicker but still has relatievly long gears so it feels quite slow
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    prelude is a cruising car because its so heavy not really fast and to be honest its pretty ugly, civic vtir is a good base car to build up from, but i would definately choose the dc2 over all, looks the best out of the 3.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    you're ugly

jks

not jks

ugly that's purely your option and gut feel rather than providing any solid argument.

1300 kg isn't impossibly heavy.
    Last edited by curtis265; 01-05-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC