Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9 INTEGRA

Honda Civic Sport 2012 - More power

Hi guys,
    Got the new honda civic sport 2012 for the mrs.
    But when I drive it, I want more power on it.

Any ideas on how to get more power and costs?

I was thinking of a small tune up would be a start.

Also what do you reckon of putting in a pod filter system in it as well?

hi dude. Before anyone else asks/tells you -

There is no way of considerably "more power" than your car has.

dont listen to anyone telling you a header , intake etc will make your car faster. It wont. It will give it more noise thats it.

What do you want more power for ? fun driving ? More torque (pull) ?

Can i suggest , that realistically you have the wrong car for more "power". If you want a noteable increase in performance you will need to either engine swap for k24/k20 motor and associated parts , turbo or super charge and tune. All are probably $5000-8000 done properly and professionally. (vauge idea)

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9 INTEGRA
    Valid points.
    Its the mrs car, but when i drive it on weekends i would like it to have more power for when i drive it.
    More torque, more kw.

I wouldnt mind putting on a pod filter kit as well so when it hit vtecs that I can actually hear it,

Im not going to swap the engine, just would like to work with what its got at the moment.

even to get it to 148kw would be nice too.

hey

Well if its the ladys car Id get an intake (such as injen) to give it a nicer noise - and look at maybe a basic exhaust system to free it up abit more. Look at a header plus high flow cat but keep your standard muffler.

After a few full tanks of fuel , your ECU will adjust and give a touch more "pull". Nothing amazing but it will give abit more fun.

Can i suggest a larger rear swaybar too for handling sakes

Member Array
    Car:
    B20 DA9 INTEGRA
    What would the costs involve and increase kw roughly be?

injen intake
    exhaust system (i would like a nice deep sound, any examples on youtube for deep sounds out there that I could achieve?)
    header and high flow cat

and whats the best place in melbourne to get a really good tune? I heard that a good tune up could increase the KW a fair bit

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Intake & Exhaust system 10kw - 15 kw average ( depends on type etc )

Yes a tune can improve your mods so you can get the best out of them...but big money & your fuel economy will go down slightly... Mrs complaining about petrol? you don't want that cause you'll be paying for it!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Evok View Post
    Intake & Exhaust system 10kw - 15 kw average ( depends on type etc )

Yes a tune can improve your mods so you can get the best out of them...but big money & your fuel economy will go down slightly... Mrs complaining about petrol? you don't want that cause you'll be paying for it!
    It's a SOHC R-series not the DOHC K-series... I doubt IHE even makes that much of a difference.

And there's fk all aftermarket support for it.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    What gain would he get if he installs voltage stabilizer and groundwire kit? Surely a little extra gain

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    What gain would he get if he installs voltage stabilizer and groundwire kit? Surely a little extra gain
    1hp at most, remember this is a new car, the gounds would still be at new condition.

T1R on their demo RSX with full T1R ground kit and Volt stablizer only made 2-3 hp.... and thats on an RSX

Quote Originally Posted by vtegra View Post
    Valid points.
    Its the mrs car, but when i drive it on weekends i would like it to have more power for when i drive it.
    More torque, more kw.

I wouldnt mind putting on a pod filter kit as well so when it hit vtecs that I can actually hear it,

Im not going to swap the engine, just would like to work with what its got at the moment.

even to get it to 148kw would be nice too.
    You are not going to get that number on the R20 keeping with bolt on's. You'll need a turbo or supercharger, or open up the engine and get stupid (or rather, not get stupid cause theres fk all parts out there for R's)
    Last edited by Fredoops; 19-04-2012 at 09:22 PM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    He'll get the placebo effect.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    He'll get the placebo effect.
    ... or till his car gets old enough that the grounds deteriorate.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    1hp at most, remember this is a new car, the gounds would still be at new condition.

T1R on their demo RSX with full T1R ground kit and Volt stablizer only made 2-3 hp.... and thats on an RSX

You are not going to get that number on the R20 keeping with bolt on's. You'll need a turbo or supercharger, or open up the engine and get stupid (or rather, not get stupid cause theres fk all parts out there for R's)
    Adding a pod filter will NOT allow you to hear VTEC any louder...

as there is no VTEC crossover to hear.

Basic mods such as intake, exhaust, headers etc combined with a tune will net you roughly 20kw on stock
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.