Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Honda Automatic Transmission Installation

I have a 1991 Honda Prelude which just had a gearbox rebuild, the mechanic said the car has just gone up on the hoist.

Im just curious as to how long it will take to put the fly wheel and gearbox back in and when it should be ready, and also what other things will he have to do with the car once its in?

Thanks again!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    This is a strange question. Why didn't you just ask him how long?

There is lots of things that could effect how long it takes, but if everything goes well, should be done in a few hours.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    dafuqq did i just read??

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapman2233 View Post
    I have a 1991 Honda Prelude which just had a gearbox rebuild, the mechanic said the car has just gone up on the hoist.

Im just curious as to how long it will take to put the fly wheel and gearbox back in and when it should be ready, and also what other things will he have to do with the car once its in?

Thanks again!
    It will take longer than it needs to.
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    This is a strange question. Why didn't you just ask him how long?

There is lots of things that could effect how long it takes, but if everything goes well, should be done in a few hours.
    He obviously wants to know the parts that will be required, and the labour involved, so that he doesn't get ripped off. Why would he ask the mechanic these questions? The mechanic will tell him whatever he likes.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    He obviously wants to know the parts that will be required, and the labour involved, so that he doesn't get ripped off. Why would he ask the mechanic these questions? The mechanic will tell him whatever he likes.
    so what if trism tell op how many hours this work will be?
    trism say 1hr, mechanic say 3hrs.
    mechanic still wyn cos they aint gonna give car keys back until op pays up.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

He has had it for over a year now.

I wrang yesterday, and the gearbox has been fully rebuilt, he just has to put it in.

Im wondering how long does it take to put a gearbox back in the car?

And what steps will he have to take after since it hasnt been turned on in over a year?

Sorry for the condusion.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Wow ok.

Your mechanic should know what steps to take to crank the car after a year in his workshop?
    part time potato

I was referring to more the fact that since that car hasnt started in a year, will it need all new oils, battery etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    wrang.

why dont you wring your mechanic and ask ?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    oshit you should have told us that from the stuart!

mass condusion
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapman2233 View Post

Thanks again!
    its a 4 hour job, then allow 1hr for road test top up fluids, check for leaks ect.
    however if the trans doesnt run right, back to the drawing board.

there is no reson the car has to have extra precaustions done or things changed because it hasnt been run for 1 year. Turn the key it should fire up.