Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R

New Improved Production Integra

Hi all,
    Thought you might like to see my new Improved Production Integra DC2 Type R

Integra Racer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Integra-IPRA42.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	120.2 KB 
ID:	21775  

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    Nice looking race car,its a pity that real racers are not very popular on this forum but street racers are.Shame.
    I hope you do well in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Cool! Will you be posting any further details about the car? Or is it a mystery?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your kind words. I have raced the car three times since it was "finished" and for what is a failry standard car I am happy with its performance although it needs to be quicker. Apart from the necessary safety equipment mods, the only things done so far are bigger brakes (283mm), Apexi ECU, 68mm throttle body and a close ratio geabox. I am currently fitting urethane suspension bushes and GAZ coil over adjustable shocks. Once I save some more money I will build a higher performance motor. I am not looking for an outright competitive car, just some thing to race midfield with reliability.

I will psot some more photros over coming days
    Cheers
    Philip

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^wait so you essentially have a street legal race car?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    Nice looking race car,its a pity that real racers are not very popular on this forum but street racers are.Shame.
    I hope you do well in it.
    you'll find that not many people have the money to get into proper racing and just want a few mods here and there for the occasional trackday
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX, Legend & Civic racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra Racer View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your kind words. I have raced the car three times since it was "finished" and for what is a failry standard car I am happy with its performance although it needs to be quicker. Apart from the necessary safety equipment mods, the only things done so far are bigger brakes (283mm), Apexi ECU, 68mm throttle body and a close ratio geabox. I am currently fitting urethane suspension bushes and GAZ coil over adjustable shocks. Once I save some more money I will build a higher performance motor. I am not looking for an outright competitive car, just some thing to race midfield with reliability.

I will psot some more photros over coming days
    Cheers
    Philip
    Congratulations on taking the jump into motorsport! The problem is, it doesn't matter how much you develop your car, you will always want to have it go faster

But it's good to see you are approaching your participation in the correct manner - develop the handling, brakes and driveline, then spend money on the motor! It's the development of the motor that sucks up the most funds...............

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by sadlerau View Post
    Congratulations on taking the jump into motorsport! The problem is, it doesn't matter how much you develop your car, you will always want to have it go faster

But it's good to see you are approaching your participation in the correct manner - develop the handling, brakes and driveline, then spend money on the motor! It's the development of the motor that sucks up the most funds...............
    To answer "Curtis265"- no it is not street legal. Trim and non essential parts have been removed to reduce weight as allowed within the IPRA rules.

Sadlerau- This is not my first race car. As a surprise to many on here I am an old dude who has been racing for 32 years, so know how to get the maximum results for the minimum money. You would be surprised at how little the car has cost me to this stage.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Nice car. Hope to see you post regularly on here.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    met a few old dudes like yourself

love your wealth of knowlege, hopefully you can share more experiences
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Some more photos added to photobucket
    http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/...IPRA%20Racing/

Saw this car at the last round at Eastern Creek. Always good to watch the unders, great racing! Nice little car by the way.