Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX

Weird noise when Air Con is On (Gen2 CRX)

Hey all,

I've been getting this weird noise when I switch the Air Con on, I put on the Air Con, and about 3 seconds later it starts making a kinda ticking noise. But its like a really really fast ticking noise, hard to describe, It kind actually sounds like tiny little sparks even. I havent been able to find the exact spot, but it seems to be around one of the fans up front. when I turn the air con off the noise stops instantly.

I done a search and found a few things, but thought I'd just ask anyway to see if anyone knows what it could be.

Also, in 2001 the car had a 'Retro Refit' or something. I didnt own the car then, but I think they regassed it and had to change the gas to a different type of gas because the old one was an atmosphere affecting gas. I dunno if that makes a difference but thought id say anyway.

Thanks.
    Last edited by chaosmaker; 03-03-2005 at 11:09 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 VTIS
    a leaf stuck in the pipe? i had that...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    I'm not sure but I wouldnt think so, cause I can hear it coming from near the fan.

Moderator - here to help Array
    open up the air con unit under the dash and find out! do a write up while youre at it.
    Want to improve OH's website? Make a thread in the site discussion forum.

Know of a nice ride and think it should be featured? Send me a PM.

Hand out PQ points where deserved. Info HERE.

Provide feedback when buying/selling from OH members. Info HERE.

Subscribe to OH and benefit. Info HERE.

OzHonda Terms and Conditions HERE.

my AC does a similar noise too - liek a big leaf stuck in a pipe soemwhere....but its in the actual fan box ( and not the AC cooler etc) ....as the noise increases as the fan rpm increases.

I really CBF gettign under there and lookign but lol.

Good luck !

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    your compressor could be making the noise.

to proove its the internal heater fan turn on the fan with out the air con, and listen, then turn on the air con and see if the noise comes on.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 05-03-2005 at 11:36 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    Ok, I turned on the fan without Air Con, no noise. I left the fan on, and as soon as I turned on the Air Con, it made the noise I described.