Threaded View

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

flashed when avoiding puddle :(

so on my way to work today, i got flashed by a red light camera while trying to avoid a puddle.. so this is what happened..

my lane was going straight, and the right lane was a turning lane.
    i was probably the second or third car in line waiting at the red light. it was a green arrow for the people turning right. the arrow turned red, and after a few seconds, i had a green light to go straight.
    as we moved forward the car infront of me went through what looked to be a pretty deep puddle splashing all over the place. as i approached, i saw that the puddle was covering more than half my lane.. i checked to make sure there were no cars on my right and proceeded around the puddle, when i realised i had been flashed.. im guessing i set the sensor off as half my car was in the turning lane.

what are my options here? i definately dont want to lose 3 demerit points and pay up to $300.

is this worth disputing? im hoping that the puddle will be visible in the photo taken, and also hoping that the angle of the car looks as though in going straight. i dont want them saying i decided to turn right afterwards.

do i have much of a chance here? i dont feel as though i should have to go through a puddle that deep, and risk damaging something on my car just because the councils drainage system sucks balls.

wat do you guys recommend?
    Last edited by cihanvtec; 25-04-2012 at 02:42 PM.