Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

Adjusting coilovers

hey guys, wanting to raise my car up as its too low. I've tried opening the lock with the c spanner and also with a screwdriver and hammer. The thing's not budging. Just wondering has anyone else tried a different method ?

what coilovers do you have?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    c spanner + hammer orrrrr... c spanner + foot (not kidding) ? that's how i was able to get mine and my mates to budge.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Im not sure what brand. I tried c spanner and hammer still didn't work. I used body weight still didn't budge. But then there's a gap between the ring thing and the top ring. Must've used some sort of thread lock on it. Would there be any other way of moving it?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    hrmm.. how many rings are on the coilover? you might be trying to loosen the wrong ring.. if you can upload a photo it would help tremendously.. If youve thread locked it... idk.. coilover might be gg'd :/

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Hvae you tried a substantial amount of wd-40 on the thread? Most likely there is a grain of dirt thats inside the part youve screwed, maybe try screwing the other way and wiping it as clean as possible then unwind it again. Otherwise getting some heat into the thread to soften up thread locker will work, may not be good/safe to do on shocks though

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

There you go guys. Im trying to open the bottom one but as I said won't budge.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    hrmm just an idea.. which may not affect it at all.. as crobaa said above try loosen it the other way... but with the upper ring to see if just the bottom one is locked or if its both?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Its just water and dirt build up. Spray some WD40 or something it should budge
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Wd40 + flathead screwdriver + hammer hitting it towards the car type thing from the pic above

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Hmm yeah but seems like its killing the grove where the c spanner slides into if I use a flat head and hammer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Maybe wrap some plumber tape or something around it to soften it up
    Just gotta give it a good hit it will move. You shouldn't damage the Coilover