Member Array
    Car:
    S2K

Anti-Kinking Coil?

Hi Guys,

Am looking for a product that helps mold hoses to bend 90 (or there abouts) degrees without kinking. Braided hose if that helps.

I found this photo from another forum, and I think the owner of this image is also on this forum.

Any help of what it's called or where I can get my hands on some would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Wasn't clear in my first post - I'm talking about the BLACK casing/loom jacket thingy on TOP of the braided lines.

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    The purpose of that covering is to protect it, not to shape it in any way. You can buy anti-kink coils that resemble a spring that you put on the sharper bends in you feed lines and it rounds them out for better flow. These also don't 'bend' the hose to any set shape.
    If you need to bend a hose 90 degrees I'd suggest buying the appropriate fitting.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Ahh ok, maybe bad photo example then. Do you have any idea where I could source those from?

My setup is really tight - I've tried all fittings possible, regardless I need a 90-120 degree hose that doesn't kink - was looking into silicon hose but haven't found the right size. The length of my line is probably 12cm long at most, can't be shorter, can't be longer - hence I need these spring things!

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I know that some hardcore computer setups run these anti-kink coils - but they don't' have the size I require..

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    ok well i'm a hydraulic fitter and lucky for you tomorrow i'm out in our mobile hose van and old mate has 30 years experiance so will ask him for you

the black stuff is spiral gaurd we have every size of it at work but it wont stop kinking

the spring is just a gaurd aswerll but we dont use it as rocks get trapped in the spring and wear at the hose

also want kind of radius do you want the 90 bend over as hoses have a bend radius and you cant exceed this or it will kink
    R.F.F.R

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I need a guard thing that would fit a -10 AN hose, it probably doesn't need to be 90 degree, but it is now because it's slightly kinked. Maybe 70 degree? Do these coils come as straight braces, or are they shaped to a specific angle? Have a look for us and give us some more info (price, where when etc lol)! Thanks in advanced!!

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    You might have to drop a pic of your setup for a 100% helpful solution. Hoses arent designed to bend at the angles you need and work efficiently. Especially a 12cm long hose lol. The covering above certainly wouldn't bend that sharp either.
    Mabye a custom pre-bent hard line could solve your problem?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    ^^^ Yeh you're probably right.. I was thinking of making a hardline for it.. But if there is a better/easier solution I'd like to take that route as well.. Unless hardlines are easier? lolz I'm thinking of the same stuff they use for gas heaters etc and maybe wrap it with some sort of thermal wrap just for extra protection. It's a oil return line, but my gay azz dump pipe is being difficult. I'll see if I can get a pic.

Thanks for your replies.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Ah oil return. I understand the grief now. Hard line could be the go. ek4-guy could probably help you with that or mod the sump so the return line is in a different position.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Go to repco and ask for a unicoil. Will allow bends up to 90 degrees without causing kinks
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    ^^^ The answer I was longing for. Thanks mate!