Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oil For H22A

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Thanks champs!
    Royal purple 10w40 it is
    Nom nom nom purple is the shizz! (tbh ive never used it before lol)
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    I've used nulon synthetic and penrite synth and nulon seemed to burn like no tomorrow, burnt around 4 litres of oil between an oil change and the penrite seemed to be a bit quieter and burn alot less although this could be because I'm used to the car now and not thrashing it everywhere :P

I've used penrite in past cars and always been happy with their engine and gear oils for the price, can't beat 5 litres of synthetic oil for $45 lol, probs a fair amount worse than motul, royal purple etc but with h22a's burning oil **** putting $100 motul in.

i would stay away from nylon and penrite .

read into these oils and you will understand why.

prelude is best with 10-30 or 10-40 depending on km done

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    i would stay away from nylon and penrite .

read into these oils and you will understand why.

prelude is best with 10-30 or 10-40 depending on km done
    Linky
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    95 BB4 Si Vtec
    While the topic is still ripe i will be doing a change on my car which has past 270,000kms,just got it today and Vtec-ed it once on the way home and it was well smokey.
    So stick with a 10 40 grade for the old beast and that should curb down oil burning a bit,also wheres best to pick up an oil filter in store,Honda maybe?thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish R View Post
    While the topic is still ripe i will be doing a change on my car which has past 270,000kms,just got it today and Vtec-ed it once on the way home and it was well smokey.
    So stick with a 10 40 grade for the old beast and that should curb down oil burning a bit,also wheres best to pick up an oil filter in store,Honda maybe?thanks.
    any auto parts store really.. depends on what brand you want etc.

i'm not going to look into oil filter debates.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude VTI-R
    Oil filter debates are silly because the differences only start coming into play when the oils been on for too long anyway!

Just saw how much oil I used to use lol, fixed some leaks and would use less than half that now with 5w-30. I'm a bit scared of Nulon because they're so new, Penrite racing 10 sounds good because they're a Class IV synthetic and share the same ingredients as more expensive oils.

I've used Nulon Fully synthetic, penrite synth, penrite racing 10 and edge and they all seem to burn about the same, Been most happy with penrite racing and edge so far (cold starts sound smoother, oil goes darker later and the car is overall smoother all the way to service intervals)

What do you guys think about using 5w-30 on a 180k Healthy H22? Cold starts sound nicer and the car overall drives better but I'm starting to think its a bit thin for its age, hopefully oil consumption will improve somewhat when I fix my final oil seep.
    Last edited by wastingtime; 06-07-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by wastingtime View Post
    Oil filter debates are silly because the differences only start coming into play when the oils been on for too long anyway!

Just saw how much oil I used to use lol, fixed some leaks and would use less than half that now with 5w-30. I'm a bit scared of Nulon because they're so new, Penrite racing 10 sounds good because they're a Class IV synthetic and share the same ingredients as more expensive oils.

I've used Nulon Fully synthetic, penrite synth, penrite racing 10 and edge and they all seem to burn about the same, Been most happy with penrite racing and edge so far (cold starts sound smoother, oil goes darker later and the car is overall smoother all the way to service intervals)

What do you guys think about using 5w-30 on a 180k Healthy H22? Cold starts sound nicer and the car overall drives better but I'm starting to think its a bit thin for its age, hopefully oil consumption will improve somewhat when I fix my final oil seep.
    I'd say it's a little thin now, but I was even thinking about trying it myself, I have a healthy f22 and was thinking of trying a thin oil lol
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by wastingtime View Post
    If it doesn't burn then there's nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    I'd say it's a little thin now, but I was even thinking about trying it myself, I have a healthy f22 and was thinking of trying a thin oil lol
    it's not a H though bor, it's not made of FRM
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    it's not a H though bor, it's not made of FRM
    wat n8

i thought f series got FRM too
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    wat n8

i thought f series got FRM too
    only the s2k engines

the rest of them aren't
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    i had a google, says f22 series have FRM also

Dunno about F22Z lmaao