Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: facelift ep3

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Its there and you can notice it when you pay attention. It should sound exactly the same on a fl and pre fl, ask Poeter since he has both cars. Ive been in many ep3s and they all sound the same unless the intake/exhaust is changed.

Gruppe m is pretty good as it has the water drain hole on the bottom. Even if water does get in, there is like a lump/basin on the bottom so it catches the water and wont hit the filter directly unless you drove your car into a pond.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    ^ +1 up!

Quote Originally Posted by stienerv2 View Post
    Gruppe m is pretty good as it has the water drain hole on the bottom. Even if water does get in, there is like a lump/basin on the bottom so it catches the water and wont hit the filter directly unless you drove your car into a pond.
    Lol.

whats poeter's username so i can pm him and ask him questions. i think i will find all my answers there.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    poeter is the username

thanks much appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    to be quite honest, after seeing some hectic rain that sydney got I won't touch CAI. gruppem is still a bit iffy for me.

Risk is less with gruppem but it's still there because the hole is quite small and lets say it's get clogged for whatever reason, then trouble is brewing when it rains like how it did in march.
    Last edited by Poeter; 01-05-2012 at 01:52 PM.

dc5r injen CAI will leave you hydro-locked. Had to push it home in the rain. lol.

butterfingers: damn... should have gotten a tow.
    hows the teg now? back in good working order?
    and peter do you have any intake system? or is it all stock?

We were only just around the block from the house so eh. And it was downhill. Lucky timing but I guess

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas R View Post
    and peter do you have any intake system? or is it all stock?
    Intake is just a stock airbox. I do plan to do the hondata mod which is basically just cutting and removing some of the restrictive parts inside stock box. At this stage, there isn't any intake that wins my bet as I take more variables into acct such as risk of hydrolock, ease of installation, price, build quality, and practical gains.

In the mean time, I only have Sard's 2-1 + cat combo + mugen center pipe + spoon street axleback.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeter View Post
    In the mean time, I only have Sard's 2-1 + cat combo + mugen center pipe + spoon street axleback.
    have you dyno this setup?

also what wheels are you running and spec?

cheers
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    haven't dyno'ed. probably wait for another honda dyno day or something like that. i think the mugen center pipe provided some more down low torque than the kaki since the mugen pipe is slightly smaller in diameter.

running SE37K 17x7.5 +40.