Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Second Hand Honda Civic Sport 2010 (MY09) vs New Honda Civic 9th Gen Series II (MY12)

Hi,

I have 2 choices and not sure which one I should go with:

Second hand Second Hand Honda Civic Sport 2010 (MY09) with 20,000 KM for $20k

or

Brand New Honda Civic 9th Gen Series II (MY12) for roughly $24k

I'm leaning towards the sport just for the added features but would love to know others thoughts.

Cheers

Full service history, legitimate reason for sale, previous owner (book cover judgement), REVs check (in case it has been written off), private or dealership?

Personally, I would go for the sports, looks better from the outside, stronger engine, stiffer suspension, sports alloys (if similar to EP3R they're naice). But theres nothing like being the first owner of a new car.

The other is a VTI I'm guessing?
    Last edited by lolmclol; 12-10-2012 at 08:26 PM.

private and good history, legitimate reason for sale etc. Had the REVs check too and no problems there

The new one is the VTI yep.

I have also seen these jap ones on carsales for a while:
    http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...Max~0.5&items=[Make:HONDA,Model:CIVIC,BaseEnabledBadge:VTI-L]&sort=~Price

not sure if theres a big difference with the thai built ones but looks like a good price for a VTI-L.

buy the sports. K20A DOHC engine right? The new R18s and R20s are gutless as.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    K20Z2 for the sports
    StanceSlutz

Quote Originally Posted by smiley486 View Post
    private and good history, legitimate reason for sale etc. Had the REVs check too and no problems there

The new one is the VTI yep.
    Sounds like the sport will be worth it honestly.

Also there are better body kits (personal opinion for the 8th gen as oppossed to the 9th). This is also somewhat applied to aftermarket modding, parts have been around longer, thus theoretically should have been better tweaked to have no real hiccups.

Other advantage will be the leather seats, they always look good, the one thing I would snap up at any wreckers would be a seat of front and rear leather seats for my VTI. Things that didn't really matter to me but are on the sports as opposed to the VTI, 6 CD stacker (50/50 really with iPods and the like), fog light, reverse parking sensors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley486 View Post
    I have also seen these jap ones on carsales for a while:
    http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/de...Max~0.5&items=[Make:HONDA,Model:CIVIC,BaseEnabledBadge:VTI-L]&sort=~Price

not sure if theres a big difference with the thai built ones but looks like a good price for a VTI-L.
    Japanese built / Thailand built, personally I don't think it will really affect the aftermarket value to 98% of buyers, also that will be the gen 1 9th not the gen 2 9th (I honestly think if I remember right its just appearance differences), difference between VTI/VTI-L is mainly just climate control, and alloy wheels really, but even then they're 16's not 17's.
    Last edited by lolmclol; 13-10-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    Go with the Civic Sport, you'll have no regrets. The newer civics (9th gen) are a downgrade compared to the Civic Sport (8th gen). The 9th gen civics are pretty much just an 8th gen VTI/L in a different shell. The newer civics dont even get a k20, they all have R18s.
    StanceSlutz

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    buy the sports. K20A DOHC engine right? The new R18s and R20s are gutless as.
    k20zpoo

dohc motor with vtak on intake only

gutless.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    k20zpoo

dohc motor with vtak on intake only

gutless.
    better than 3 stage econ vtec with SOHC
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    heaps more fuel efficiency research and development put into the rseries than a detuned K.

For it's purpose i'd pick the R series.

so OP, if you want unmatched levels of boringness (but good midrange torque), pick an R series..

my biggest gripe is that the valve cover never looks as nice as a DOHC vc.
    Last edited by curtis265; 16-10-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to curtis265 again.