Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord CL7 A/T

Lightbulb Solution

Hi there. I know this post is old, but here's my experience:

I got a Titan 60RS single.

Originally fitted it to stock cat + header. Found that the drone was killing me when I cruise at 2-3000rpm. Also when I hit VTEC, the drone converted to a softer high-pitched GROAN, which was not pleasant.

Then I lined my back compartment with soundproof material, and stuffed the space around the spare tyre with soundproof cotton. The drone was better a bit.

Then I threw away the stock header + cat, and changed to Toda header and test pipe
    And guess what!!!

The drone is 70% gone, and when I hit VTEC, WOW!!! There comes the classic J's scream.

This solves the answer to the question: why the painful drone? -> the stock header and cat is giving you the unwanted resonance.

So the solution for you (if you're still using J's) is to put some sound proof lining for the back, and change to an aftermarket header + stright pipe.

just bought myself a 2nd hand j's racing exhaust muffler it didnt come with silencer. keen on looking for one to buy. if anyone selling any please pm me.