Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato

[EURO] Installing Cusco Oil Catch Can

Hey guys
    I've got a CUSCO oil catch can that i wanna install but GUESS WHAT!!!
    instructions are in japanese
    so does anyone know how to install one? or know where i can get the instructions in english
    thanks
    Fast and furious? I drive slow and luxurious...

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    This goes in the Technical Section... General Mod Help
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

hmm got a pic of your engine bay? not sure about the euro, but in my car, i just disconnected the hose coming from the rocker cover, connected that to the catch can and connected up the return hose.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    sorry about putting it in the wrong section. thanks for moving it

A'PEXi, i'll post a pic up of my bay asap...was it hard to mount?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi
    hmm got a pic of your engine bay? not sure about the euro, but in my car, i just disconnected the hose coming from the rocker cover, connected that to the catch can and connected up the return hose.
    catch cans arent intended for the valve cover venting. it goes between the PCV valve (which vents the crankcase) and the intake manifold.

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    here are some pics of my engine bay. any idea as to where/how to attach one?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    looks like the PCV valve is the one connected to your intake just above the red injen sticker in the last shot.
    not 100% but looks like very similar setup to d series (i know it sounds stupid comparing similarities between d's and k's but this is a pretty universal part)
    if in doubt ask a mechanic, or can anyone else here confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by A'PEXi
    Yeah i would agree with that ... take the hose off where the intake connects to the rocket cover, then close the intake hole so no access air comes out, then connect the catch can hoses which is provided to the rocket cover, then connect it to the catch can itself

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Sedan w/JDM ZC
    like i said before, its NOT for the rocker cover.
    its for the PCV valve which is for venting the crankcase.
    and in this case the PCV valve appears to be the one being connected to the intake part which is in line with the red injen sticker in the last pic

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    You guy's got it wrong. The tsx forums have lots of guides on installing catch cans. Try tsx.acurazine.com.

Here's the location where the catch can connects to:

The blue thing on the bottom left is the catch can (self-made). If you follow the tubing, outlet is just near the alternator, while the inlet is actually under the intake cover (which I think you guys call the rocker cover? To me the rocker cover is the part behind, where the engine oil cap is).
    Last edited by aaronng; 16-08-2005 at 10:50 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by kenji
    Yeah i would agree with that ... take the hose off where the intake connects to the rocket cover, then close the intake hole so no access air comes out, then connect the catch can hoses which is provided to the rocket cover, then connect it to the catch can itself
    You can't close the intake hole on the K24 engine. You need to maintain vacuum in the PCV system or the engine throws a code. Put the catch can between the inlet and outlet of the PCV system. And if you just put the outlet to the catch can, does that mean that you are going to vent it into the engine bay? If the cops catch you doing that, it's a defect.
    Last edited by aaronng; 16-08-2005 at 10:57 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Array
    Car:
    Disco Potato
    aaronng, do u have any exp. in putting together the oil catch can in a euro?