Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Advice Urgently: Serviced guy scraped my car and chipped/scracth my door

Not sure if this is the right thread location..

I recently bought euro sport and needed a new rego so I took my car this afternoon to Nrma selfserve @ Sth. Stratty today for a quick pink slip. I thought it would be ok for pink slip and knowing its Nrma - they would take care of my car to my assumption.

They failed my pink slip inspection due to 4 tires measure under 1.5mm (they didn't measure it but just visual inspect). I measure it 3x when I got home - it was 2.1mm approx!! lowest was 1.6-1.7mm

What really pissed me off is I noticed Huge scrapes both sides right, left and a (some in the middle underneath) on my front lip..(10cm+ wide left side approx and 5cm wide right side and with 2cm height approx, not counting the bottom scrape) very noticeable with some paint crack on it.. its visible from 5m distance. Some scrathes on the door.. clear coat chipped too

Anyways, i made a complain to the service desk, and Yes they DENIED IT and I demanded to speak to the service guy to explain the incident but the guy in charge of the mechanic meet me instead, and also denied it. He said it was there before..(he didnt even inspect the car) and after inspecting it, he went inside for few minutes and took a paper to show me a scratch.. Like I'm stupid or something.. I saw the guy who did my car from the glass you can see the workshop.

I know it wasn't there coz I have a thorough inspection and I washed the car 2 days ago and gave it a good polish.

Well, I asked who is in charge and they told me to call the manager tomorrow.

My question is; has anyone experienced this before or any advice would be awesome.
    I'm just so Pissed that they didn't even say sorry and treat me like its my fault!

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    burn down their ****ing shop! natsrs
    Last edited by EG52NV; 31-05-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    shit just got real.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    if this happened to me id go ape shit ... i have done it before when my local honda dealer took me for a ride on a service...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    complain, complain, complain and go to ACA...

but they might call you a hoon
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Can't do anything.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    complain, complain, complain and go to ACA...

but they might call you a hoon
    im a noob at this.. what does ACA stands for? any address?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    ACA = a current affair
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    a current affair.. the tv show !
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    doesnt nrma take pics of your car before inspecting?
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    You can report your complaint to consumer affairs but at the end of the day, you dont have proof that they damaged ur car.

Best thing to do first, is talk to the service centre manager and try sought something out. If that fails, then take your complaint to consumer affairs.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    You just can't trust anyone anymore. Any time my car gets work, Im standing within 10m. Even the shop I trust the most, is still prone to small mistakes and I have to be there to witness things. But good luck bro and hopefully you get better results with the service manager.