Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    okay, i so had some time on my hands today so i opened up the doors.. the speakers are cadence zx461.. i had a look on the net, and now im even more confused! theyre rated at 4 ohms.. what do i do now? lol.. arghhh
    Are the front and rear speakers the same?

If the speakers are 4 ohm then imo unless somethings faulty it has to be your wiring.

Id get the multi-meter out and start testing. If you or a mate has a spare headunit you could quickly hook that up too see if your headunit is the cause.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

What headunit are you using and when the sound cuts out what does the headunit display show? Most headunits display protect on the LCD display if the see a short.
    What RMS rating are the speaker?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    The cadence hes mentioned are 40 rms.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by christo75 View Post
    What headunit are you using and when the sound cuts out what does the headunit display show? Most headunits display protect on the LCD display if the see a short.
    What RMS rating are the speaker?
    the headunit is an alpine.. cant remember the exact model but its about 2 years old.. it doesnt say anything when it cuts out, it just displays as if the song is still playing..

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    Are the front and rear speakers the same?

If the speakers are 4 ohm then imo unless somethings faulty it has to be your wiring.

Id get the multi-meter out and start testing. If you or a mate has a spare headunit you could quickly hook that up too see if your headunit is the cause.
    they were cadence all round but i swappe over the fronts today to sony ones. the sony ones were great when in my mates car. he ran the same headunit as me with them so im guessing they shouldnt be the problem. i might just swap out the rear cadence speakers for something else an see what happens?
    but then i feel as though that wont fix it? im using the cars factory wiring, which ive done in all my cars..

Member Array
    Car:
    '77 Civic
    you could just unplug the rears, see if that fixes it.. for all we know, they could have been wired into two channels, so both sets of speakers running off the front channels of the amp... but yeah, hard to really guess without seeing/ getting more info...

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    you could just unplug the rears, see if that fixes it.. for all we know, they could have been wired into two channels, so both sets of speakers running off the front channels of the amp... but yeah, hard to really guess without seeing/ getting more info...
    hmm i didnt think of trying that.. thanks for your help mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    It's either;
    - You're expecting the head unit to do too much into these Cadence speakers which may not be as efficient as other speakers you've owned (and are therefore harder to drive)
    - A short somewhere in the wiring that you're not aware of
    - An issue in either the head unit or the speakers.

Experience leads me to believe that it's probably one of the first two.
    Just go through a process of elimination to find the issue.

most likely youre a) youre feeding too much bass through your speakers (bass distortion), b) youre feeding them too much power, c) power delivery is way too low and youre getting the speakers to pump at 10 volume when its only got the power for 6 volume (figuratively speaking), d) one of your speakers are ripped or fried

my amps have a fail safe on it

if it senses of the problems i mentioned before it shuts down the amp and i have to do the same thing (restart the car etc etc)...mine mainly used to do it when a speaker ripped or when it sensed the bass was distorting on the speakers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    i'd go with the headunit. doesn't sound like a wiring problem might be the loom from the actual headunit not the cars wiring loom. its somethign small so i'd send it to an audio shop shouldn't cost too much if you guys can't fix it. cost me 70 bux to rewire my whole loom in my car. worked like a charm.