Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2

Dc2r gearbox problems

hey guys

i recently done a gearbox oil change took the car for drive it was fine

then went to reverse out my driveway next day i had my clutch completly in, reverse gear in, and the car was standing still on a hill ... didnt roll back .. i let go of the clutch and it doesnt reverse smoothly it like dumps and grabs when the pedals all the way up ..

then i revrse down my street hold clutch in with reverse gear in, and the car starts jerking like cv's start locking and letting go ..

and also my 5th gear winds whenever i accelerate but when i let go noise goes away gets louder faster i go ..

gear shifts are fine 1st - 5th clutch pedal picks up fine ... only when reverse is in clutch pedal grabs all the way up

if you want me to explain the reverse thing a little better just let me know .. lol

Account Disabled Array
    explain better.

Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl33 View Post
    explain better.
    ok cars on hill, in neutral car will roll back .. press brake, now i put clutch in and select reverse gear let go of brakes and car is completely stopped like CV's are locked .. now i let go of clutch and i let go of the pedal which grabs all the way up and it just engages like im dumping reverse i cant ride the gear .. car rolls back put clutch in and cv's lock & let go lock & let go & lock & let go and then stops and i still have clutch in .. take it out of reverse and car rolls back like normal

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Where are you located and what gear oil did you use?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2
    lawl sounds confusing, what gearbox oil did u use? where was it done?

Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2
    oh sorry forgot to mention oil .. i put in MTF 06 .. honda oil .. im in Greenacre area

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    100 Percent your reverse gear wasn't like that before your gear oil change?
    Don't see how changing gear oil could affect it that way....Did you put enough...should be 2.5 bottles of mtf roughly

or too much imagination of a 6th gear? = destroyed reverse gear

Your explanation of not grabbing would be a slipping clutch in my mind.. Double check on your gearbox fluid, or let the gear box warm up a bit and see if it still happens after.
    Last edited by Evok; 06-05-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    my2000 type r dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Evok View Post
    100 Percent your reverse gear wasn't like that before your gear oil change?
    Don't see how changing gear oil could affect it that way....Did you put enough...should be 2.5 bottles of mtf roughly

or too much imagination of a 6th gear? = destroyed reverse gear

Your explanation of not grabbing would be a slipping clutch in my mind.. Double check on your gearbox fluid, or let the gear box warm up a bit and see if it still happens after.
    nah never had the problem before i changed oil, i drove it with oil change to work and back but never tried reverse though, then the next morning the problem occured i tried reversing and i was like wtf this isnt normal lol

lol nah never tried getting 6th and crunching reverse

i put 2.2L in it

i just took the car for a drive tonight and downshifting 3rd to 2nd doesnt allow me to get into 2nd at all i think it may be getting worse ...

yeah i think im gonna drain it all tomorrow and just buy new oil like castrol or royal purple see how that goes

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Honda mtf should be the best man...2.2L sounds decent...

Check if your bolt is tightened up properly? Maybe it was leaking? Else just redo your mtf flush like you said

Lets hope its not your clutch... Money, time and more MTF needed -.-

Goodluck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdc2R View Post
    hey guys

i recently done a ge-
    Stopped reading.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    how did you change tranny oil?
    did you diy or someone else did it?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    sounds like a clutch issue rather than gearbox..
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015