Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Same site heeltoe, just scroll down. Or you could also ask Senna

As to which to pick. In MY OPINION, I'd always pick Teins (Japanese made afaik) over F&F/D2/BC/Megan etc Taiwanese made coilovers.

Also. If you look into detail you'd find the Teins actually have a softer spring rate compared to F&F. f&F has a Minium drop of 1.5inch... Which is actually a lot.

Sure F&F type 2 would be better round the track (stiffer and more adjustable)... But srsly, how many of us would do that?

Edit: the F&F type 2 is very stiff out the front (12kg front, 6kg rear for normal Chinese springs, 8kg rear for eibach springs) compare that with Teins street advance (8kg front, 4kg rear... Almost stock)... In which case for the F&F to be as comfortable as the Tein at THAT spring rate, the damper must be either amazing or seriously compromised.

... This would be the perfect moment for senna to chive in....
    http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tein-susp...sb48-21ss.html <<< these the ones your talking about freddy?

Need to add top hat kit?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando.L View Post
    http://www.heeltoeauto.com/tein-susp...sb48-21ss.html <<< these the ones your talking about freddy?

Need to add top hat kit?
    That's the one. You could reuse your old tophat..... I think.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    That's the one. You could reuse your old tophat..... I think.
    ok so im looking at $1408.82 with tophat + delivery.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ok so im looking at $1408.82 with tophat + delivery.
    Funny how heeltoe doesn't allow you to pick the cheap shipping (USPS for $270) on the Teins

Check eBay.

Let's lay the HT prices out:

1. FF TYPE 2 coils: $900
    2: eibach springs: $200
    3: cheapest 10day USPS shipping: $280
    TOTAL: $1380

1: Tein street advance coils: $884
    2: New tophats: $125
    3: add fast 3 day FedEX shipping: $369
    TOTAL: $ 1378

They cost the same......
    Last edited by Fredoops; 10-05-2012 at 12:58 AM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

HT "Version 2" does not equal "Type II"

You can still get Version 2 in Type I which is only height adjustable (as opposed to Type II which is height and damper adjustable) which is what I thought you were asking about from the subject of this thread. These are basically the cheapest set of coilovers you can get ($877 landed). You cannot compare them with Tein Street Advance, they are more compared to Tein Street Basis which cost just about $100 more.

If you're gonna spend the exrta money to get damper adjustable however I would definitely back fredoops on the Tein Street Advance being the better value for money.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by tonysalib View Post
    HT "Version 2" does not equal "Type II"

You can still get Version 2 in Type I which is only height adjustable (as opposed to Type II which is height and damper adjustable) which is what I thought you were asking about from the subject of this thread. These are basically the cheapest set of coilovers you can get ($877 landed). You cannot compare them with Tein Street Advance, they are more compared to Tein Street Basis which cost just about $100 more.

If you're gonna spend the exrta money to get damper adjustable however I would definitely back fredoops on the Tein Street Advance being the better value for money.
    Yes that was the initial subject but I wasnt set on getting the F&Fs I just wanted ppls views on them. Then along came freddy and suggested the teins

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yes that was the initial subject but I wasnt set on getting the F&Fs I just wanted ppls views on them. Then along came freddy and suggested the teins
    And I maintain my suggestion
    Tein Street Advance > FF Type 2
    Tein Street Basis (not basic, thats the old model) > FF Type 1

considering how closely they are priced.

It's like having Enkeis selling at the same price as Rotas, who would pick Rota over enkei's, same logic
    Last edited by Fredoops; 10-05-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    And I maintain my suggestion
    Tein Street Advance > FF Type 2
    Tein Street Basis (not basic, thats the old model) > FF Type 1

considering how closely they are priced.

It's like having Enkeis selling at the same price as Rotas, who would pick Rota over enkei's, same logic
    ^This. If only I could rep you more Fred. Lolz.

meh to that, so many good reviews on f&f plus heeltoe backing them with damper. They wouldnt tinker with and put their name against something that will be shit.
    You dont know till you try both though.

After reading up ive seen f&f have a better range in height plus with ht spec my theroy is a edge over tein in type 1.
    Thats my opinion. Not trying to bag anyone out.

Make your decision on what you trust.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I would go Function and Form for a few reasons.

There is no debate Tein has a better name in the suspension industry no doubt about however when we are talking bottom of the barrel coilovers no matter what brand most users are not looking for the brand name but looking at price to do the job they need.

The teins basis and f&f type 1 version 2 basically do the same thing (regardless of quality).

And 599 for f&f (not including shipping) compared to street basis of 712 (not including shipping) is a big difference when you going for the lower end (18% in price).

However if we were comparing higher priced coils i would definatly go with teins.

When you are in the market for cheap coilovers. the majority of times they will all do the same thing. Now there is some debate in quality due to where they come from. Personally i couldnt give 2 shits if the production factory was in taiwan or afghanistan if the quality is there then i see no problems with where it comes from.

In saying all that i wouldn't get either too cheap no damper adjustability. They are able to bring the price down so much for a reason. I would get the type 2's but then you paying a lot more which would then lead me more to the teins.

But hey I had the worst coilovers in the world BC Racing BR for my car which are made in taiwan but never gave me any problems at all. Reason being as with all the coilovers mentioned in this thread you have to send your shit back to the states or wherever you bought them for warranty. Then you may aswell have had to go get any coilovers from australia as we cannot ship coilovers back over for under 200 then the shipping back. Thats even if they allow you to claim warranty.

Why not get springs and ground controls?

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    Funny how heeltoe doesn't allow you to pick the cheap shipping (USPS for $270) on the Teins

Check eBay.

Let's lay the HT prices out:

1. FF TYPE 2 coils: $900
    2: eibach springs: $200
    3: cheapest 10day USPS shipping: $280
    TOTAL: $1380

1: Tein street advance coils: $884
    2: New tophats: $125
    3: add fast 3 day FedEX shipping: $369
    TOTAL: $ 1378

They cost the same......
    i pricematched some other website off the us and they approved it.. so ended up getting tein street adv + ingalls rear for 1246 shipped !
    WTB: NSW CL9 facelift front bumper in Graphite / Grey

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaan View Post
    i pricematched some other website off the us and they approved it.. so ended up getting tein street adv + ingalls rear for 1246 shipped !
    Which site ryaan? Keen to share