Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey

Unhappy Odyssey Vtec Not Working

Hey everyone, Yo mama here!!

I had Yo Mama put on the dyno yesterday for a bit of fun. We did 2 power runs and she only made 92.4hp!! Needless to say, I was totally shocked at how poor that was. My dyno tuner said that vtec didn't come on.

Now I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard with vtec, if you don't use it, you lose it so to say. So in the time that I've owned the car, I've never put my foot down or even got the car over 3 grand revs. So in saying that, apparently the vtec basically goes to sleep and the car needs a "thrashing" to bring it back to life.

According the the Honda Odyssey 04 specs, the car should have 158hp. So I've lost 63hp somewhere! (I understand I'd lose a few hp with the huge wheels I have)

Has anyone else had problems with vtec or know what might be going on?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    You have 158 hp at the flywheel, so you can expect around 100-110ish at the wheels. Not far off. Is the engine healthy?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey
    Omg, I didn't even think about the flywheel to the actual wheels. Face palm! The car is A1, but is almost due for a service, so maybe once that is done I'll get those couple hp back. I know I'd be losing a bit with 20x10 wheels on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    May as well get your compression checked while u at it. Losing any oil between services?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey
    I have absolutely no idea how vtec works. From what I've read, it's got a lot to do with oil? Not losing any oil or anything. The aircon is basically always on though. When I go in to service it, I'll put it up on the hoist and have a look over everything. Anyone know anything about the solinoid or whatever for vtec? Apparently I should be checking that too. Vtec is totally weird to me, after only owning turbo's.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    VTEC comes in many favor and our VTEC is the crappy vtec that doesn't really do much for output.

if your VTEC really has problem, the CEL should come on. if it doesn't and there is no fault code when scanning the ECU then it should be fine.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    We can't hear our vtec sound unless you change the intake, unlike accord euro as i used to own one. Did the guy use the tiptronic when running the dyno?
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey
    I think we just ran the normal auto on the dyno. All these vtec stuff is too weird for me. Think it's time for a turbo set-up. lol

Is there any lights or anything that come on that might suggest a problem or something? I wouldn't even know what vtec feels like, but my dyno guy is convinced it's the problem.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    I swear that my Vtec started coming on much harder after I got 12000 ks on the engine.
    Planned and delayed mapping kicking in after the engine gets run in?

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    It states in the manual you should regularly VTEC.

srs