DC5R 17x9 + 40 HELP

Hey guys, I recently bought buddyclub P1
    I'm not too sure about the tyre size, my rear guards are rolled. I'm running camber at the front -1inch.

The problem is I've heard that the rear would hit the rear trailing arm,.

Member Array
    Car:
    push bag

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by ekvtec View Post
    He is/was running spacers though.

Without spacers, the rim itself would need to be at least +35 with camber to clear. Any higher will hit trailing arm
    DC5R

edited.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 10-05-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R , FD1
    I have the same problem too but i fixed it with this diy.
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=775202
    You could do that or u could run spacers for it to clear ive got 3mm ones atm.
    "It's not about following the crowd, but about creating the path the crowd will follow"

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    They will hit the rear trailing arm without spacers, in your case I would use a 10mm spacer because even some guys running a +35 wheel still rub, have heard people suggest that a +30 offset on a DC5 is perfect, and using a 10mm spacer will take you out to +30. I personally wouldn't use that DIY as it surely cant be good for the strength and angle of the trailing arm, just my opinion on that but can't talk from experience. Have you decided on tyres? Sizing in particular.

i got exact same problem and im running 17x9. use to scrape really bad and make noises especially when i turn. then i put in 3mm spacers, and it fixed the problem perfectly. thats ur best bet. no matter how hard u take the corner or watever with the spacers it will never rub. but u also need to camber them. i got -2 at the back. dont do the DIY, only because it might cause problems after time or rust or whatever.

Thanks guys! I've placed a 3mm spacer and there's no scrubbing whats so ever.

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by noobcake View Post
    Thanks guys! I've placed a 3mm spacer and there's no scrubbing whats so ever.
    Not even on full lock? How much camber in the rear and how low are you? Just curious is all

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Musnt be that much camber as 9j+40 is high! And the 3mm brings the offset down to 37..

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    Musnt be that much camber as 9j+40 is high! And the 3mm brings the offset down to 37..
    That's what I was thinking, especially since people have hit the RTA with a +35 offset. If I were you OP I would buy some wider hub centric spacers just to be on the safe side.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Go at least 15 mm. To get it sitting pretty