Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ECU upgrade for Dc2r.

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 00 Dc2r that I am slowly modding. The car has an intake and I'm looking at a full exhaust in the next few weeks. I'm also considering an ECU upgrade however I'm not sure what direction I should head in, In terms of what ECU and cost v's gain. I have done some research on these forums and it would seem that a Hondata would be the way to go.

If anyone can share some ideas/experience in terms of costs, gains, drivability etc, It would be greatly appreciated. Also, Probably a stupid question, But can the A/C be retained once a Hondata has been installed?

I'm located on the mid north coast of NSW I can't say there is an abundance of workshops/tuners close by, So if anyone can recommend a decent tuner in Sydney that would be cool.

Cheers people,

Mark.
    Last edited by mmap2011; 08-05-2012 at 07:38 PM.

How far do u intend to mod the car? The s300 will give u all the options u want so u can mod till your flat broke. The s100 is cheaper but more limited to what it can do.

If u want unrestricted tuning. S300
    Import Performance and Styling
    -= Official distributors for Password JDM =-

Quote Originally Posted by Cartoon View Post
    How far do u intend to mod the car? The s300 will give u all the options u want so u can mod till your flat broke. The s100 is cheaper but more limited to what it can do.

If u want unrestricted tuning. S300
    Cheers for the reply. Not really planning on modding the car any further than I/H/E and ECU.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Go hondata s300
    Don't even worry about vafc's and all that rubbish

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Integra Type R
    +1 for Hondata s300, I have one installed and its worth the money! ( Make sure you dyno tune to suit your mod's though )

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm dc2 =)
    S200 hondata if u just doin I/h/e, but s300 is good because if you do decide
    To mod more e.g boost its already there and can run it. I got
    Told that toda is a good tuner in Sydney. Good luck with everything mate

Cheers for all the replys people.

Mark.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by nate92 View Post
    S200 hondata if u just doin I/h/e, but s300 is good because if you do decide
    To mod more e.g boost its already there and can run it. I got
    Told that toda is a good tuner in Sydney. Good luck with everything mate
    s200 is discontinued.

unless you find one private sale?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm dc2 =)
    Yeah when I put a wtb heaps of responses and there's not fake s200 as in the fake s300

Get Hondata S300, it will be the best bang for buck. Expect an improvement in low end/midrange (what the DC2R lacks). To change ECU/tune you will need:

OBD1 ECU (because the DC2R OBD2 ECU's are not tunable)
    OBD2 (a/b) to OBD1a ECU conversion harness
    Hondata S300 unit that someone will need to install into your OBD1 ECU (JDMyard can supply+install, contact them)
    Someone to tune your car.

You will be looking around $800-$850 just for ECU, harness, S300 and probably another $500 to tune the car (depends who does it). Expect 120-130kw mark depending on your bolt on mods.

Changing ECU has nothing to do with A/C fitment, so yes it can be retained.

Driveability will not be affected)..if your tuner knows what they are doing (unless you decide to do massive cams). VTEC will be smoothed out.

here is a GOOD thread on people's experiences of hondata:

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...=1#post3243952
    I am selling headers and conversion harness, both brand new if you are interested as i was going down this exact path. Not cheap inferior parts either.
    Last edited by infurNOS; 10-05-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2R
    hondata s300 would be the ideal ecu for your set up mate , pretty sure benson from BYP could give you a price on one , wouldn't really waste my time on any other ecu if i was you .

Rather than start another thread, I will pose another related noob question in this thread. If I was to purchase a used Hondata s200 installed into a Obd1 ECU that has been tuned to suit a B18c7 with similar mods to my Dc2r (I/H/E), would the Hondata require a re-tune once installed into my car?

Pardon my ignorance, However I just wanted to know where I stand prior to doing anything.

Cheers,

Mark.