Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    Good thread, thanks for the good read

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyando View Post
    I turboed my d16y4 with an ebay kit... has been fine......... if you want to get anything out of the turbo you should upgrade your ecu, get bigger injectors and fuel pump, ive being running 14psi (alot of timing taken out at top end) and increased my rpm limit to 8000, it has lasted 10, 000 ks and has been fine except the rings are on there way out... howeva if you flog the car enuf this is gunna happen.. all internals are stock and has been a very good car... GET A GOOD TUNE REGARDLESS OF COST.. hope this helped
    how much power u were running if u dont mind me asking
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    honestly im not exacally sure because i havent put it on the dyno, but i dont think the figues are huge.. sumwhere around 300hp im guessing.. honestly its the power to weight ratio that makes it fast not much else, ive timed it down the 400 a few times most good runs getting about a 13.0, however with the rings being on the way out im trying to figure out with to rebuild this motor or go a b or k series

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyando View Post
    honestly im not exacally sure because i havent put it on the dyno, but i dont think the figues are huge.. sumwhere around 300hp im guessing.. honestly its the power to weight ratio that makes it fast not much else, ive timed it down the 400 a few times most good runs getting about a 13.0, however with the rings being on the way out im trying to figure out with to rebuild this motor or go a b or k series
    niceee... guess the time slip is enough to indicate the power

Rebuild the motor an shoot for 12's man, do it hahaha, parts aint that expensive either
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    i found a decent site to buy all the parts from u dont no of any d16 rebuild guides on the net?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Best guide is the SERVICE MANUAL! I've been turbo for about a year now - all been well so far. And 300hp is a lot of power, what clutch are you running? Not too shabby for a 1.6 liter ay!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK civic
    its a standard clucth.. its not helping the gearbox much, i try and be gental on the changes as much as i can but second and third syncros are pretty had it

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    im now getting a b series and prob turboing it :P
    B-serious m8