constantly plugging yourself.

Is this allowed on ozhonda?

I would think not. it is advertising yourself and here, you must pay to do so, am i right?

I keep seeing this one member constantly sift through threads to advertise himself.

fine if someone posts up a thread looking for it......
    I see threads just asking for information and this user posts up pm me i can help you out, etc. this guy obviously has a business and has been asked to remove his signature before.

I think it's also fine when someone else recommends you, but going around plugging yourself is blatant advertising.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I agree, it is clearly advertising. Its almost like telemarketing...

If you want to advertise services become a trader and stop PMing people about doing work for them.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    theres another user who likes to refer members to his own..

sorry i meant his 'mates' business
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If I could send a pm from my phone I would. I have already enquired about becoming a trader and was asked what products I will be selling, and when I replied with I wont be selling products initially but services, senior admin was very hesitant about me becoming a trader. I send pm's when I have a computer at hand, but as I am usually updating from my phone, it is easier to post up to get them to pm me. If you want me to delete all posts that I have put up containing this, by all means I will
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    If I could send a pm from my phone I would. I have already enquired about becoming a trader and was asked what products I will be selling, and when I replied with I wont be selling products initially but services, senior admin was very hesitant about me becoming a trader. I send pm's when I have a computer at hand, but as I am usually updating from my phone, it is easier to post up to get them to pm me. If you want me to delete all posts that I have put up containing this, by all means I will
    Well then, if this is truly the case, go ahead.

And i urge all orher people offering products and services, be it backyard or legit to start advertising themselves too.

needs mods opinion.

Until the second you actually become a trader - you are NOT allowed to plug yourself anywhere. If you want to do a DIY job or whatever - pm the person about it dont plug yourself on Ozhonda.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    theres another user who likes to refer members to his own..

sorry i meant his 'mates' business
    lol I think I know who you are talking about... I once made a comment asking him why he refers to him self in 3rd person...
    Last edited by EG52NV; 10-05-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    lol I think I know who you are talking about...
    Who??

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Who??
    i replied to your pm, did you get my pm?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    i replied to your pm, did you get my pm?
    Nah didn't get it bro.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I don't recall saying no to traders who are offering automotive services. Just that the forum is more suited to products. As long as you meet the criteria (valid ABN) and provide automotive product/services, then that is fine.

PM advertising is not allowed and if reported by a user, will result in infractions.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq