Thread: Integra DC2 CAI

Integra DC2 CAI

Im getting a cold air intake for my dc2 94'. Browsing on the forums already everyone defintely recommends Injen for best bang for your buck. The cheapest i could find it for is around $300 posted http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/INJEN-COL...item25543c4bb5

But then identical cold air intakes from other brands such as this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/94-01-INT...item3370862516

are only 110 bucks??

My question is this, is it seriously worth spending the extra money on an injen? im not fussy on brands at all. do they do essentially the same thing?

Also im not fussy with what pod filter it comes with as i already have a K&N

Thank you!

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    if you already have a k&n pod just buy the piping
    you're probably asleep right now but I love you and you're the most beautiful girl I met, inside and out. have a good nights sleep and I hope this puts a smile on your face when you wake up.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    the simple answer is no, not worth it. reason being the difference between the 2 is close to nothing in terms of performance. if you dont care about the brand, get the ebay one. spend the left over toward better brake pads would be worthwhile

Awsome that what i thought thanks for the help! Also in regards to the brakes im defintely in need of some quality ones. Anything you can recommend?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Totally agree with connorling here.

Buy cheap piping, use a 'good' filter (most filters are the same anyway) and you'll be fine. Just paying for the brand name.

Yeah only thing I would be taking note of is the diameter of the piping, and whether there is a pipe-engine bay attachment somewhere. I believe in some states your pod filter needs to be secured

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciSir View Post
    Awsome that what i thought thanks for the help! Also in regards to the brakes im defintely in need of some quality ones. Anything you can recommend?
    I heard a lot of people dislike EBC pads. But on the street, I recommend the EBC green or red.
    I just got project mu SS-Y pads, haven't fitted it yet, just wanna try something else after using EBC for years