Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    I can't believe this topic can be dragged On for this long...... Don't ask if u don't want to believe bigger brakes will help if u have 35% more power, given the tyres can take it.

Gees.......
    listen here mate. i cant believe this thread has dragged for too long
    he should not have asked if he didn't want to believe bigger brakes will help if you have 35% more power, given the tyres can take it.

isn't it?

S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Quick DIY Experiment to understand bigger breaks,

Get a drill, turn it on and make it spin now try stopping it your dumb and index finger then try again with with your palm... which was easier?

If it hurts let go! Im not responsible for your dumbness.
    that would assume your accelerating and braking at the same time..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    LOLs pure common sense.
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifter995 View Post
    I still struggle to comprehend how larger brakes and bigger callipers will slow down a car faster than the smaller ones, when in theory, it'd cause them to lock up faster... I know that it will help braking, I just can't logic it in my mind... My mind is just, over there... in the corner, chewing a lolipop...
    That's when you need tyres with better grip
    Wanted: Black EG6 or EF9.

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    I really can't understand how this thread dragged out for so long.
    It doesn't help when people think I don't know that better brakes will stop a car quicker when that's not even the question. And your right, if it's the law then that's all I need for an answer.

Something to think about for everyone though. If you got all the current mass produced cars and put them in a situation where they all had to accelerate hard for 5 seconds, would they all stop in the same amount of time and or overall distance (from start of acceleration to stop) (also this is not a go to woah, in a go to woah they all have to finish in the same spot and it's the et that counts).
    Wanted: Black EG6 or EF9.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    But isn't it a given that if you're putting in a more powerful motor, or turboing, you like to drive hard, and therefore are going to not cheap out on tires anyway?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    But isn't it a given that if you're putting in a more powerful motor, or turboing, you like to drive hard, and therefore are going to not cheap out on tires anyway?
    Sadly not a given for everyone.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    srry if this has been asked before, but what about rear brakes?
    for instance i was to swap my l15a jazz engine out for a k20, i would imagine i would require bigger brakes because knowing i had the k20 would encourage me to drive more spiritidly.
    so i would need brakes the equivalent of a DC5 but even the back ones? since the rear handles such a small amount of braking force.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    for instance i was to swap my l15a jazz engine out for a k20, i would imagine i would require bigger brakes because knowing i had the k20 would encourage me to drive more spiritidly.
    so i would need brakes the equivalent of a DC5 but even the back ones? since the rear handles such a small amount of braking force.
    yeah brah brakes need to be upgraded evenly - some people get big brake kits and can still achieve poorer braking distance because there's too much front bias. I think it overloads and slips the front before the rears have fully utilised their traction if that makes any sense.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    yeah brah brakes need to be upgraded evenly - some people get big brake kits and can still achieve poorer braking distance because there's too much front bias. I think it overloads and slips the front before the rears have fully utilised their traction if that makes any sense.
    And wouldnt u need to upgrade the brake prop or atleast invest in some sort of adjustable brake bias system if its gonna b full track car?

Well on ek civics, im running ITR front calipers and oem rear brakes an seems to pull up very well with the stock prop valve
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    if you braked any harder the jazz would just tip over..