Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Cars

Shaving Cars

Been thinkn bout gettn roof gutter, boot, and handels shaved.
    but i dont really know much about who does it or how much it mite cost.

anyone help me out wif a lil info.?

thanx
    btw its for an ek4 civic
    SKATE MORE. HATE LESS!

well i believe its illegal for starters, what they would do is put a sheet of metal over it, weld it on and then blend it in with the existing panels.... then respray the whole thing, a costly exersise.

i also do believe this topic has been covered, although it may not have been transferred over from the previous version of ohf.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    EK VTiR
    A neat thing that i saw on a US website was using rear sedan door handles on the front doors of an EK, removing the door locks. This will give the car a slightly cleaner look for a small outlay. Removing the door Handles may not be legal, it's prob. something you'd want to talk to an engineer about.

Boot will still need to retain lighting for the number plate, but you may be able to mould it into the bumper. Maybe you could replace the plastic number plate surround with sheetmetal and place the lock behind the number plate. Remember if you're shaving the front door handles, retain a boot release, as you want a way to get into your car if your central locking fails!!!

Relocating the fuel filler to behind one of the tail lights would be nice, too.

Member Array
    Car:
    **R33 Series 2**
    how much does shaving the boot cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeptec View Post
    Anyway...remember back in high school? How you pee on the floor and let it splash on the person's shoe in the next cubicle? lawl
    OO\SKYLINE/OO

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Go to panel beaters ..they do it for ya

But price varies ..and go to some one that actually know what they do cause if u dont prolly start to crack and then u have to re do it

A.K.A VTI60Y Array
    Car:
    RUSTED Sleeper
    imo dont shave the boot. it just doesnt look right on the civics. maybe do the side mouldings and the indicator in the front panel. cos that a euro styling and the lines on the car need to be smooth and rounded. the lines on the civic is too sharp. that my 2 cents
    KK24AA

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    you should get the boot done it looks pretty fresh when its done... then get your number plate put down the bottom of your bumper, got a mate who done it to his eg.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    dont bother shaving 96-98 bumper bars, the moulds undernearth are not flush with the rest of the bumper. unless you want to belt sand them down to be flush lol

Member Array
    Car:
    99 WRX
    dude this thread is almost 3yrs old? how did you come across this?
    +1 Rep?

Member Array
    Car:
    96" VTIR Civic
    i dont see why shaving the door handles would be illegal a guy we used to race against had his ute done. when he pressed the alarm the doors would pop open

you might wana look into the roof a lil thoe because i rekon there would be a fair amount of flex so youd want to use a flexible filler.

lol damn steve you got me talking to this guy from 3 years ago its problly done by now or the guy died of old age

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED Civic
    LOL this thread is so old... AHAHAHAH
    GW steve88

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    i am kinda curious about this fillign and shaving, i should ask lyle cause he done this to his eg sedan/coupe