Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shaving Cars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S 05
    05 thread.extreme archives.

i think its legal to shave doors if you have a switch/button that is clearly visible that opens the doors.reasoning is,sure you can open the doors with your alarm etc. but if you are in a crash and your car is burning and the fire has almost reached your jdm yo amber clock...and you for that matter....someone needs to be able to get in there quick smart to make the save
    CHEAPEST PRO DIY

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Does anyone have pics of their boot after its been shaved? I recently bought an EK1 and have slimline plates on it and think it looks ridiculous but would want to see some examples before I considered doing it myself.
    "It's not a Honda without the H!" - Superintendent Chalmers

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    please dont shave door handles unless you have scissor doors,
    as for the gutters on the roof do them, do the side strips they look sexy and plus if there done right there not illegal

Member Array
    Car:
    Beautiful facelift EJ8!
    Quote Originally Posted by ek4-guy View Post
    i dont see why shaving the door handles would be illegal a guy we used to race against had his ute done. when he pressed the alarm the doors would pop open

you might wana look into the roof a lil thoe because i rekon there would be a fair amount of flex so youd want to use a flexible filler.

lol damn steve you got me talking to this guy from 3 years ago its problly done by now or the guy died of old age
    what happens when you're in an accident and you're unconcious and someone tries to open the door to pull you out? he wont able to and would prob say 'wtf?! this car doesnt have door handles' and let you die lol.

Apply plenty of shaving cream firstly, then smooth strokes with the Mach 3 Turbo should cut through well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    lmao

if u shave door handles you have to compensate by having buttons/latches to open d door elsewhere.
    they have to be mechanical not electrical ...

if i respray my car again, im going to be shaving everything !!!1
    atm i got shaved sides and they have been filled in but guy who did it dint do the best job, so they a bit fu*ed.

but im plannin on shaving boot, roof strips, maybe door handles ...
    gotta plan n look into it ...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    i've seen a latch clip that came up out where the window is that you pull up. legal.
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

Member Array
    Car:
    Subaru Tai-berty
    yeah exactly ... im sure i can do a custom on that cause it dun seem tooo hard ... but i dunno what to do if the battery dies lol

mayeb leave d boot hole un touched lol

emergency styles lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Si Hatchie
    yeah or the old wire down behind and lift the locking mechanism

ghetto styles lol
    Is this the end of my car modding days? Buying a house says so...

ditto that...it looks clean as...example '4ORGED' eg

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    yep yep

i have given my sedan the brazilian treatment.

window squirters, side indicators, all handels, door drims, boot lid and rear doors. one thing i stayed away from was the roof gutters as from time with the body flex it will crack
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    has anyone shaved EK 96-98 rear/front bumpers??

yes sorry i bumped an ancient thread, theres just so little of someone actually shaving 96-98 EK front/rear bumpers, most cbf and by the EJ front and 99-00 rear but i wanna make use of my 96-98 ones