Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

OBD2 scan devices n shiz

Hey.

recently seen you can get these bluetooth OBD2 scan devices and they connect with your android phone via an app called torque.

anyone have any experience with it?

since changing my TB im not 100% sure my throttle body is configured perfectly. Since this apparently measures that i would be able to play around with the tps to get it to read 100% opening at WOT and 0% and CT. is my theory correct?

im not trying to be a DIY garage hero, but i think it could be a useful tool.

also is there any good ways to go about monitoring your AFR as your RPM increases, just wanna make sure im getting close to the ideal amount, ie not too little since they are trying to be economical with the jazz.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    handy tool if you can find information for sensor voltage u can back probe the tps and adjust it till the voltage is at spec for CT
    and test at WOT thats back to basics but a scan tool will save time the same rule applise for any variable resistor
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yes but the jazz has odd sensor values some say 4.5 4.8 or 5.0 cant get definate amount, at the moment its set so that the CVT doesnt disenguage the clutch to drive off even when my foots on the brake.

Member Array
    Car:
    GOLDWING FTW
    im in the dark on cvt how many other sensors are an input to the cvt? engine load tourque and rpm
    dodgy engine james middle_name_james naughty_james noise thak_thak vibration
    View Tag Cloud

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i wish i knew more as well. but i would imagine its the same as most other cars. so torque and such would be there i think. if theres any more they wont be read by the toque app anyway.

but since this tells me how far the ECU thinks the TB is open should give me a good idea of setting up the TPS?
    plus it records 0-100km/h times, but also air intake temp so i can test out some CAI ideas!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Any idea on the legitmacy of this?
    EBAY ITEM

thinking of doing some AFR adjustments.
    what else would i need to do this? would i need an empty ECU chip or something?

or am i better off with apexi VAFC?

also is the jazz even OBD2 because these things list the Honda Jazz 1.4m(iso)
    which is a model ive never heard of. sounds like a UK model, but doesnt say anything about a 1.5L GD3 or anything

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Lol I loved the app torque.

I have this one and works perfectly fine. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Elm327-OB...item3375b93ec1

Told me everything i needed. and cheap

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ahh ok, kool thanks. if your car has OBD2 then mine should too seing as same year.