Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    please dont go rotas...

and theres nothing wrong with BC

Your comparing fake rims to coilovers which are cheaper then JDM brands but do the same job... I dont get it... if the price is low doesnt make. make it crap.

My mates STI runs om BC coilovers and nothing wrong with them...
    This is the most hypocritical thing i've ever heard! LOL

So if BC is a copy of another design, but it does a reasonable job then it's ok, but if Rota is a copy of another brand and it does an ok job, thats not cool because its a wheel?
    OHSC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by senna View Post

So if BC is a copy of another design, but it does a reasonable job then it's ok, but if Rota is a copy of another brand and it does an ok job, thats not cool because its a wheel?
    Not to mention BC-racing also makes rip off wheels!!!!!
    Just like rota
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i

So is BC a copy of another design? I didn't really know that actually if it is I take that back then. Well then for rims we look at the functionality + visual appearance correct whereas coilovers... what can you copy? Visual appearance ? Noone can see what it looks like once it's in the car.

If BC Coilovers are a copy may I ask what is it a copy of? Evidence? (Just curious that's all). Even if they are probably a patent or two but isn't design / looks what most people care about anyway for rims.
    What sounds worse?
    That Nissan R35 GTR is running on BC Coilovers

or

That Nissan R35 GTR is running on ROTAS

I think majority of people would think the second option would get the worst reaction.

I don't know maybe I'm wrong but that's just my opinion anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not to mention BC-racing also makes rip off wheels!!!!!
    Just like rota
    Oh really haha well atm we are talking about the products anyway not the company itself xD

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Oh really haha well atm we are talking about the products anyway not the company itself xD

By your logic its okay to have a ripoff as long as no one can see it?! Wtf?

A ripoff company is a ripoff company full stop.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 19-05-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    Defiantly lower first. I made this mistake with 20's and the car looked like a monster truck lol. My mates have all run BC Coilovers in their cars and I have driven them and can't fault them at all.

there is nothing wrong with bc , have plenty of mates run them without issue . v1 , br all fine .
    I run v1 in mine and i must say wait for them was well worth it , more comfy than my stock shock and eibach pro kit was.

But to answer your question coil overs first then once you are ready for wheel you can adjust up or down to your liking

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Coils then rims. But don't dump it on stock wheels

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post

By your logic its okay to have a ripoff as long as no one can see it?! Wtf?

A ripoff company is a ripoff company full stop.
    No that's not my logic... I'm asking which part of the coilover is BC Ripping off?
    Someone made a comment about ohh lol its okay to get bc but not rotas..

My point is they aren't the same freaking thing.

I don't give a crap if the company is a rip off company as it doesn't mean all their products are rip offs. Have a look at Seibon and Carbon Plus ect. Yes I might not purchase a "Spoon" styled Carbon Bonnet but I might purchase a Carbon bonnet styled by them. Do you catch my drift?

I can't believe your actually comparing ROTAS to BC Coilovers... two different things.

They have no relation to each other whatsoever... Coilovers are coilovers... but rims are designed and sought for their looks... People only buy specific rims for two reasons... Main reason is look and second maybe weight if your into time attack ect.

Quote Originally Posted by white_ep3_civic View Post
    Defiantly lower first. I made this mistake with 20's and the car looked like a monster truck lol. My mates have all run BC Coilovers in their cars and I have driven them and can't fault them at all.
    Yup, My mate's STI goes to the track all the time, hill climbs ect everything not one fault. Hes go the top of the range BC Coilovers though...

Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    there is nothing wrong with bc , have plenty of mates run them without issue . v1 , br all fine .
    I run v1 in mine and i must say wait for them was well worth it , more comfy than my stock shock and eibach pro kit was.

But to answer your question coil overs first then once you are ready for wheel you can adjust up or down to your liking
    +1

Bc have been proven. Every product will have bad batch or 2 but bc has been getting good wrap up on every single forum

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I had to laugh at
    Hes go the top of the range BC Coilovers though...
    Thats like saying you bought the top of the range GreatWall car.Its still disposable crap

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED9 CRX
    Forget about wheels and coilovers you need to get bodykits first thing

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Rota wheels known to crack or snap upon driving.