Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Get new rims first or get coilovers?

Hi guys just want some advice on getting rims or coilovers first, another question will i have to stretch my tyres or do something if i get rota g force rims which are 18 x 8.5" E35+ pcd 5 x 114.3??

I would spend that money on some doof doof and custom vinyl flames along the side.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Get rims first, because if you install the coilovers and then get wheels after you will have to re-adjust the coilovers again to match the height from the new wheels

Get 19" or 20" wheels. The CU comes with 17" and 18" as standard rims. Don't bother going with aftermarket 18" wheels as they will look too small once you lower it.

Ask your insurance company about fitting wheels and coilovers before you buy them as technically in NSW anyway coilovers are illegal.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I would spend that money on some doof doof and custom vinyl flames along the side.
    Agreed

Money spent on a hectic sub is well spent

Cosmetics > performance

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    coilovers.....

also rota g force on a CU2 = :s

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Coils for sure

ohhhh wow i didnt noe it was illegal...... welll i was original thinking of putting ultrex rs ir advan rs or ce28ns lol

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    Get 19" or 20" wheels. The CU comes with 17" and 18" as standard rims. Don't bother going with aftermarket 18" wheels as they will look too small once you lower it.

Ask your insurance company about fitting wheels and coilovers before you buy them as technically in NSW anyway coilovers are illegal.
    The only thing is if get lower springs, apparently it affects the shocks and then i have to change the shocks also.... that combined price equals a set of coilovers lol thats why im worried lol..

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Coilovers first,then once you get wheels if you need to adjust to suit

Wheels first at stock height will be fail

also i searched rta and it said

"Besides assuring a comfor table ride, a vehicle’s suspension system controls wheel movement for handling and road
    holding. Manufacturers conduct extensive test programs to develop suitable suspension settings. Adjustments, such
    as lowering the vehicle, can upset the suspension characteristics and cause unpredictable handling. Generally, roll
    stabilizer bars, axle locating rods, upgraded shock absorbers or upgraded springs may be used provided they are
    suitable for the vehicle and are properly fitted. However, the following suspension modifications are not acceptable:
    „ -Welding forged components such as stub axles or control arms.
    „ -Fitting longer, non-standard shackles to leaf springs.
    „ -Fitting any additional components or altering the suspension so that the wheels or tyres may contact any
    component under the full range of suspension and steering travel.
    „ -Fitting any additional components or altering the suspension ride height so that any par t of the vehicle other
    than a wheel or tyre can contact the road in the event of a tyre deflation.
    -If major changes to the suspension (such as substitution of a non standard front cross member) are carried out, they
    should be done under the strict guidance of an engineering signatory."

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I went rims first. Makes it easier to decide how low and firm you're willing to compromise afterwards. As for tyre stretch, you don't have to get it, just grab wider tyres, although they will cost more. If your concerned about that, then get 8" width.