Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    Why is everyone shitting on rotas? I didnt mean to stir everyone up with my previous post saying "rota g force on a CU2 = :s..." i meant it that they would look shit on a CU2. even if the owner bought legit advan RS, i would rather drive a CU2 with "copy" rims that look good over "legit" wheels.

Rotas are not fakes. Fakes are the rims you see on ebay with volk stickers etc, and those BBS replicas. Those are the wheels you should be weary of quality...

Sure i'd rather roll on a set of $3k volk TE37 but i dont have the money for that, i dont want 2nd hand wheels (because even if theyre volks they can be bent or cracked and its the risk you get with buying 2nd hand shit), i'm running stretched tyres and i do like 500km/week. The quality of rotas are most likely not as good as volks but they wont be breaking in daily driving conditions... if you hit a massive pothole with stretched tyres, you will **** your rims up, regardless if theyre expensive volk forged 1pc wheels, stockies, or fake wheels...

Some of you need to check your heads when you throw the word "fake" "copy" etc around. there are many wheels that share the same design.. Work VS-XX is similar to a specific BBS wheel.. work meister S1 is basically the same as a wheel that SSR offers... Rotiform TMB are basically the same design as Gotti wheels
    Last edited by jzx_andy; 21-05-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jzx_andy View Post
    Why is everyone shitting on rotas? I didnt mean to stir everyone up with my previous post saying "rota g force on a CU2 = :s..." i meant it that they would look shit on a CU2. even if the owner bought legit advan RS, i would rather drive a CU2 with "copy" rims that look good over "legit" wheels.

Rotas are not fakes. Fakes are the rims you see on ebay with volk stickers etc, and those BBS replicas. Those are the wheels you should be weary of quality...

Sure i'd rather roll on a set of $3k volk TE37 but i dont have the money for that, i dont want 2nd hand wheels (because even if theyre volks they can be bent or cracked and its the risk you get with buying 2nd hand shit), i'm running stretched tyres and i do like 500km/week. The quality of rotas are most likely not as good as volks but they wont be breaking in daily driving conditions... if you hit a massive pothole with stretched tyres, you will **** your rims up, regardless if theyre expensive volk forged 1pc wheels, stockies, or fake wheels...

Some of you need to check your heads when you throw the word "fake" "copy" etc around. there are many wheels that share the same design.. Work VS-XX is similar to a specific BBS wheel.. work meister S1 is basically the same as a wheel that SSR offers... Rotiform TMB are basically the same design as Gotti wheels
    LOL'ed @ the highlighted.

not sure if troll or just clueless.

I agree with ppl that realise that realise they use crappy rotas and admit it, but trying to defend them, saying they're good is another thing.

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    i thought that Tein Super streets were the only ADR approved legal coilovers you can have in Australia?
    or is that only a QLD thing?
    Welcome Abourd

Member Array
    Car:
    zenki CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post

I agree with ppl that realise that realise they use crappy rotas and admit it, but trying to defend them, saying they're good is another thing.
    Please show me where I said they are good. I own a set, theyre fine for the price, sizing and application. They're not crap, I've had no issues with mine, even daily driving with stretched tyres wrapped around them. Let me put it this way, all the clueless people here are saying that Rota's are fakes... how are they fake? Are they fake in the same respect as a fake armani suit you can get in Thailand? Or are they fake in this respect:

SSR SP1

Work Meister S1

Yes there are slight differences between these two but they are pretty much the same.. Same goes if you compare a Rota Grid to a Volk TE37:

So which one is fake out of the first example then?

People need to stop hating on others for rolling on "fake" wheels, its the clueless ones buying wheels that don't fit/don't look good/aren't doing it right that deserve the hate.

End rant
    Last edited by jzx_andy; 22-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post

The point is, Rota and BC (Bor-chaunn) is kettle and pot. One of the same.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Wow thanks guys alot of advice, just one thing i want to put out is rotas are designed in strict environments and carefully manufactured, the fact that they are copying real brands is because not all people can afford legit brand wheels. But they are not crap. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by kelvinator124 View Post
    Wow thanks guys alot of advice, just one thing i want to put out is rotas are designed in strict environments and carefully manufactured, the fact that they are copying real brands is because not all people can afford legit brand wheels. But they are not crap. LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphorced View Post
    seen an xray of their cast, it's not bad tbh. no worse than some of the bottom range enkei casts
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    I heard not too long ago that Rota are JWL/VIA certified. Can someone confirm? IF that is true, they are definitely of acceptable quality (assuming their QC is up to par). Im not saying I would get them as I don't like ripoff design wheels, but just found that interesting.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I heard not too long ago that Rota are JWL/VIA certified. Can someone confirm? IF that is true, they are definitely of acceptable quality (assuming their QC is up to par). Im not saying I would get them as I don't like ripoff design wheels, but just found that interesting.
    They are jwl/via.

But as an OEM manufacturer for likes of Ford, Mitsubushi, Nissan and Toyota they have to be Jwl and Via.
    I think only enkei is bigger than rota in terms of OEM manufacturing.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    They are jwl/via.

But as an OEM manufacturer for likes of Ford, Mitsubushi, Nissan and Toyota they have to be Jwl and Via.
    I think only enkei is bigger than rota in terms of OEM manufacturing.
    interesting thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    interesting thanks!
    another interesting fact, Rota been making wheels since the 1970's, about as long as BBS, OZ racing, and SSR, they all started int he 1970's

Enkei Started in 1950