Thread: Hey, from Perth

Hey, from Perth

Hey,

My name is Bo and I'm from Perth.

Long time Honda lover with a real soft spot for the EK hatch.

My first car was a Honda EK sedan back when I was 16, did the usual cosmetic mods and put an exhaust and intake on it. I ended up crashing it and writing it off.

Over the previous years up until now I hadn't even thought about owning another Honda. I got into the drift and track scene, went through various S13 Silvias and an R33 Skyline. Long story short a friend of mine bought an EK hatch, only a GLi model and it brought back memories. I fell back in love with the EK hatch and started doing some research on what I wanted.

My goal is to now build a championship white EK9 replica with a K20A, something along the lines of ELFATHER from the states. I started by trying to find out if I could import a genuine EK9 from Japan. Being too costly and too much of a hastle to get into Perth I took someones comment on a forum as advice "Buy an EK4 and turn it into a TYPE-R, EK4's have a sunroof".

On the weekend I purchased a red EK4, picked it up cheap as I was informed it has a blown head gasket. It came with some tasteful mods too.

Simota intake and air filter.

Mugen headers.

Mugen twin loop exhaust.

Spoon spark plug leads.

Apex'i Power FC.

Strengthened 1st - 4th gearset.

KAAZ competition LSD.

Koni adjustable suspension.

Slotted front rotors.

Buddyclub fixed back drivers seat.

Recaro Millenium passengers seat.

I ended up buying a DC2 VTi-R yesterday to use as a donor car and drop the B18C into the EK4 for now. After having a thorough look through the EK4 and talking to some people in the know it turns out it may not well be a blown head gasket on the car. It only has oil in the radiator, there is no water in the engine or sump. So the problem may just be a cracked radiator/oil cooler, or where the fitting that the oil filter sits on has a coolant line that runs through, it could have a damaged seal.

After giving it some thought I now have a starting game plan.

The DC2 has a JDM SIR front end, intake + exhaust, its black, registered and would serve as a good daily. It has slight panel damage so in the next few weeks I will have it repaired, resprayed, fit some coilovers to lower it and fit a set of 16x8" rims. Then I plan to keep it how it is and use it as my daily driver.

I plan to solve and fix the problem with the EK4, once its fine and the engine problem is resolved I will have the Power FC tuned. The car will then be resprayed and I will fit a set of coilovers and wheels onto that one aswell. That way I can drive and enjoy it and take it to a few track days while I spend time collecting parts to do the EK9 replica with K20A.

I plan on keeping the EK4 for life, so I see myself as being a long time member. I am new and will be asking alot of questions along my build so please be patient with me and try to point me in the right place.

Thanks,

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Welcome. Another one from wa. So what's ur plan with ur dc2?

a picture would have told more than the essay.

waiting for pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    welcome abourd x2
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Ok,

Haven't been on here since the original post.
    So I will update everyone on what has happened and my future plans.

The DC2 went into the panel and paint shop. The whole thing was straightened up, all the dents pulled out and the whole car was resprayed.
    The motor was pulled out of the car and pulled appart. All gaskets and bearings were replaced and the engine was cleaned,inspected and reinstalled.
    I fitted a brand new set of fully adjustable coilovers, a Skunk 2 rear adjustable camber kit and a set of Bridge racing rear lower control arms.
    Also bought the car a set of 16x8" +20 Bronze Rota Grid Classic rims, some new 205/45R16 tires were fitted and I also put on some red Rays Engineering lug nuts.
    The only exterior modification was the new front bumper and Si-vtec lip.
    Inside I installed a Type-R dash cluster and some Type-R carbon panels.

Unfortunately yesterday, after having the car back together and on the road for less than a week, someone hit the door in a car park.
    I have taken the car to the panel beaters again today and dropped it off to have the damage fixed and repaint the left side.

I am unsure on my future plans when I get the car back, I may either sell it or continue improving it.
    Could do with some DC2-R Recaros and a few engine modifications.

The EK4 I have yet to touch, after having a thorough look and inspection the head gasket is definitely gone.
    Someone has put a deposit down on the complete running gear, so I will have that pulled out and sold this weekend which leaves me to decide which path to take with the car.
    I will probably end up stripping the car right back bare and doing a ground up build but I will keep you guys updated.

pics of the DC2:

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Looks good man

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Welcome mate.
    Where and how much u got ur car body work done from?

Flynn Drive Panel & Paint, I recommend them, However the car has not been cut and polished yet. I am having my friend who is a detailer do that for me.
    I got my car back from the paint shop today as the door someone hit had to be repaired and the half of the car resprayed again.
    I have been offered a trade for a registered S14a track car and the offer is very very tempting. So I may part with the car this weekend.
    If I decide to keep the DC2 then over the next couple of weeks the plan is to order:

DC2-R rear bumper
    DC2-R Recaro seats and door inserts
    DC2-R steering wheel
    ASR rear sub frame brace
    Beaks tie bar
    JDM window visors

I will keep you guys up to date on what happens and update the info on my EK4 which will have the running gear pulled out this weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5,em1,db6,rb3
    What a small world...hi mate,don't know if u remember that we had a deal on the ek4 that u r going to sell me the ek4 but then u kinda went missing...well if u don't want to sell it,should have told me earlier...btw welcome to the club...no ek9 can be imported into Australia legally unless it's a personal import...but u can import front and rear half cut from Japan n swap everything over.wei from vision r did that on his ek...

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by BoShow View Post
    Flynn Drive Panel & Paint, I recommend them, However the car has not been cut and polished yet. I am having my friend who is a detailer do that for me.
    So how much was it?

Yeah I remember, My phone broke and I lost everything man, I would still sell it if I got the right money.
    On that note, do not get a Samsung Galaxy Note! Do not sign up with Vodafone!

The paint was done for mates rates, so you would have to get your own quote.

Also the Integra was swapped for a 1997 Nissan Silvia S14a.

I have had the car for 3 days and I am already regreting the swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg5,em1,db6,rb3
    It's ok mate,call Wei at vision r if u r looking for ek9 parts...did u manage to sell ur buddy club seat?