Hey,

My name is Bo and I'm from Perth.

Long time Honda lover with a real soft spot for the EK hatch.

My first car was a Honda EK sedan back when I was 16, did the usual cosmetic mods and put an exhaust and intake on it. I ended up crashing it and writing it off.

Over the previous years up until now I hadn't even thought about owning another Honda. I got into the drift and track scene, went through various S13 Silvias and an R33 Skyline. Long story short a friend of mine bought an EK hatch, only a GLi model and it brought back memories. I fell back in love with the EK hatch and started doing some research on what I wanted.

My goal is to now build a championship white EK9 replica with a K20A, something along the lines of ELFATHER from the states. I started by trying to find out if I could import a genuine EK9 from Japan. Being too costly and too much of a hastle to get into Perth I took someones comment on a forum as advice "Buy an EK4 and turn it into a TYPE-R, EK4's have a sunroof".

On the weekend I purchased a red EK4, picked it up cheap as I was informed it has a blown head gasket. It came with some tasteful mods too.

Simota intake and air filter.

Mugen headers.

Mugen twin loop exhaust.

Spoon spark plug leads.

Apex'i Power FC.

Strengthened 1st - 4th gearset.

KAAZ competition LSD.

Koni adjustable suspension.

Slotted front rotors.

Buddyclub fixed back drivers seat.

Recaro Millenium passengers seat.

I ended up buying a DC2 VTi-R yesterday to use as a donor car and drop the B18C into the EK4 for now. After having a thorough look through the EK4 and talking to some people in the know it turns out it may not well be a blown head gasket on the car. It only has oil in the radiator, there is no water in the engine or sump. So the problem may just be a cracked radiator/oil cooler, or where the fitting that the oil filter sits on has a coolant line that runs through, it could have a damaged seal.

After giving it some thought I now have a starting game plan.

The DC2 has a JDM SIR front end, intake + exhaust, its black, registered and would serve as a good daily. It has slight panel damage so in the next few weeks I will have it repaired, resprayed, fit some coilovers to lower it and fit a set of 16x8" rims. Then I plan to keep it how it is and use it as my daily driver.

I plan to solve and fix the problem with the EK4, once its fine and the engine problem is resolved I will have the Power FC tuned. The car will then be resprayed and I will fit a set of coilovers and wheels onto that one aswell. That way I can drive and enjoy it and take it to a few track days while I spend time collecting parts to do the EK9 replica with K20A.

I plan on keeping the EK4 for life, so I see myself as being a long time member. I am new and will be asking alot of questions along my build so please be patient with me and try to point me in the right place.

Thanks,