Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NG's JDM DA6

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6

Wink NG's JDM DA6

please delte
    Last edited by ngrising; 28-07-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6
    pelase delete

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6
    pelase delete

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 & SF5
    ...???
    welcome and enjoy
    -=[BLACK Dc2]=-

EXE TRACK DAY 2014 PB 1:37.0

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Welcome mate

Interesting car there,its got 92-93 rear bar and the hatch isnt original either.

Not sure whats with that but should clean up nicely.Give the engine bay a good detail and repaint the valve cover,will make a big difference

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Should look good once you fix a few things up. As EKVTIR-T said, boot and rear bar are replacements so might have had a hit in he back end at some point.

Looking forward to seeing progress!
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by ngrising View Post
    Fix Rear boot leak.
    Look for water getting down between the rear lights and the body, as the foam gaskets age.

If not that, then it is getting down between the outer plastic lens and the body of the lights.

Are you lights damp or filling with a little bit of water?

The other spot is in the valley where the kink is. You have to put a little bit of sealant between the rubber seal and the body edge.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Nice DA6 you've got there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    Just had a thought, is this the one that sold on eBay last week? If so, fk that was a good price! Well worth it even if there is a bit of fixing to do
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    Just had a thought, is this the one that sold on eBay last week? If so, fk that was a good price! Well worth it even if there is a bit of fixing to do
    Just had a look on eBay, I don't think it's the same, his has single exhaust outlet vs. double, different plates (eBay one had rego so I doubt it'd change), tail lights bleached here vs pink, 92-93 bumper here and 90-91 there.

But holy crap, that one on eBay went so cheap at $930. It said it's manual too, dammit. I wish I had seen that one!

Member Array
    Car:
    DA6
    delete

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9
    I believe Tokico Blues are more of a stock replacement, so if you're planning to lower your car significantly then I wouldn't recommend them since they'll blow out relatively quickly. Have a look at Koni Sports or Yellows (Wholesale Suspension who advertise sells a non-adjustable variant that's cheaper than the more popular Yellows/Sports, not sure if they've got a DA application though), or Tokico Illuminas for quality shocks that will be able to withstand a decent amount of lowering.

Then you've got a few options for springs, personally I'm running Ground Controls with threaded sleeves for height adjustment. It's one of the more expensive choices, but the ride is great and they've got an awesome reputation on g2ic. Otherwise, you can use H&R Race Springs, Tein S- or H-Techs, etc., you'll have to do some research.

Otherwise you can go for a full coilover setup, I believe Skunk2 make a set, but their Pro-S performs worse than the Koni Sport/Ground Control setup according to g2ic. Tein also make them, but you'll want to get something better than the budget Basics because these don't have damper adjust, which means you need to get at least the Super-Streets for 1k+ new. Otherwise, there's your Taiwanese brands of questionable quality like D2 that people have also had success with.