Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: buying a type r

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r

buying a type r

Hey guys im currently in the market for an Integra type r, preferably dc5.

My budget is around 18k for the car, What price should i be looking at for a dc5?

Also is my budget a little low for a dc5? would i be better off looking for a dc2?

Im pretty fussy when it comes to purchasing cars, never like anything to far over 100k km wise and will never buy a car without log books. Also do not really like anything extensively modified.

My reasoning to preference over a dc5 is due to the fact that whenever i have driven one it feels like a much smoother ride then the dc2, suspension wise considering sydneys roads.

I know there are alot of dc2r vs dc5r threads and have read a majority of them and my questions are not really answered in them,

Any input woud be great thanks,

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    in that search, there arent really many under 100,000kms.
    more kms doesnt necessarily mean that the car is in any worse condition, although it could be.
    just check for service history, and should be fine.
    there may not be anything you like now, but be patient.
    good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    whats carsales? is that a virus?

But seriously.. the only one i would consider would be the limited edition one for 19k but i cant justify spending that much for a dc2r...

is there Any comfort differences with dc2r and dc5r or am i just being skeptical?

This would be a daily btw and only get taken to the track here and there

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    no, carsales is not a virus.
    i did a search for type r's for sale in sydney for you.

both dc2r and dc5r are fine for daily.

dc2r is considered more 'raw' as many threads will state.

you just have to search and find something your happy with for the price and kms it has.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    lol i was being a dick, i know what carsales is.. its where ive basically spent all my time the last 2 years..

Do you know what price a good dc2r should be going for? i mean advertising prices are one thing but what they should be going for is a completely different scenario.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Righto....

I sold mine 10 months ago for $16,500 with 100,000kms and was awesome condition

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yeh i guess ill just have to be patient and stick it out till a good one comes round... what do you own now?

Member Array
    Car:
    b18 ek
    have you considered an ep3r?

Member Array
    Car:
    9th gen Civic h
    If comfort is an issue try DC5S. Biggest thing is it misses Recaros (the leather is absolutely crap if you're cornering somewhat hard) and LSD. On the plus side they are comparable price to DC5R, generally lower mileage (due to age) and more chance a granny has driven it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Yeh Im taking comfort into consideration but I couldn't live with the fact of buying a type s instead of type r lol no offence to type s owners

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    That DC2R limited edition one, i can tell you its in absolute immaculate condition. Known most of the owners and they have treated the cars very well.