Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: buying a type r

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Looks immac.. Looks too clean lol, has it had a respray ?
    No, I know for a fact it gets detailed and garaged and washed properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    from photos looks great, yet to see it, hopefully get to see it this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    oh and btw is there any way you can make a dc2r ride less harsh?
    lol, kinda defeats the purpose of the DC2R, if thats the case just buy a DC5R.

The best you can do is add some sound deading (dynamat or equivalent) in the doors, on the floor and around the firewall.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    lol, kinda defeats the purpose of the DC2R, if thats the case just buy a DC5R.

The best you can do is add some sound deading (dynamat or equivalent) in the doors, on the floor and around the firewall.
    If you add sound deadening to it, ur doin it wrong.....

Dc2r isn't insanely harsh, you do get used to it. Not the best car for stop and start traffic but you'll live

Otherwise buy a dc5r or vtir as mentioned above

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    If you want to make a dc2r not ride harsh and add sound deadening, etc. my suggestion is to not get one. A dc2r is for the enthusiasts who can live with it. Making it ride softer and adding weight (sound deadening) defeats the purpose of owning one. As everyone is saying, get a dc5r. You'll be happy with it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    its like saying... go buy a skyline, get a gtst instead of gtr
    No, because a GTS-T is RWD, and a GT-R is AWD. They are very different cars, and there are legitimate reasons for owning the former over the latter.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    You can always disable hicas [awd system] and gtr has bigger engine, better build and upgraded features of basically all gtst products

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    You can always disable hicas [awd system] and gtr has bigger engine, better build and upgraded features of basically all gtst products
    The AWD system is called ATTESA - Hicas is featured in the GTS-T too, its the rear steering system.

There are pros and cons of owning a GT-R vs GTS-T, depends on what you want to do with the car. GTS-T is cheaper to maintain and lighter, GT-R has better factory fitted motor and AWD.
    OHSC

Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    HAving owned 2 DC2R's and looked at quite a few all i can is you get what you pay for. Nothing wrong for a paying a little bit more for piece of mind which will be well worth it in the long run. A cheap DC2R usually means bad condition, especially has ecumberence, stolen/wrecked.
    I've owned 2.

I spent a fair bit to change to a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    drink a can of cement and harden the fck up

lol

notsrs
    I don't know why you have a natsrs tag there.

cos why would you consider a dc2r if you wanted a car with a softer ride?

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    But why would you spend extra money on a GT-R only to cripple it, when you could simply buy the cheaper, lighter, simpler GTS-T? You wouldn't. Even the RWD N/A Skylines aren't really 'gimped' when compared to the GT-R, as some people will want that setup over an AWD turbo. Each car serves a different purpose.

The Integras, on the other hand, are just a straight progression of three N/A FWDs, making anything less than the Type R redundant, rather than simply different.

Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    I'm not going to get into it
    you are becoming a goose, srs.

being a goose is fun, but you're taking it too far.