Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: buying a type r

In defense of the prices that are asked for them, most people do keep them in much better condition than whats the norm for second hand cars.

The reason I would choose a DC5R is because the DC2 shape is 18 years old. Its hard to justify paying so much for such an old car.

I would genuinely like to know what you think the big difference is between the DC2R and DC5R. I think the lack of sound deadening fools a lot of people into thinking its something more than what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAgent View Post
    In defense of the prices that are asked for them, most people do keep them in much better condition than whats the norm for second hand cars.

The reason I would choose a DC5R is because the DC2 shape is 18 years old. Its hard to justify paying so much for such an old car.

I would genuinely like to know what you think the big difference is between the DC2R and DC5R. I think the lack of sound deadening fools a lot of people into thinking its something more than what it is.
    I disagree.

most dc2r owners are P plates yelling (lol) "yolo" driving them into the ground before smashing into a tree or upgrading to evo when they get off their P plates.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    I actually think DC2Rs are reasonably priced, thrashed ones can be picked up for 10k, where as the more decent ones in 15k+
    There is less and less of them going round for sale (carsales etc) as more people are keeping them/writing them off/track specd

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Yeh I do recognise some people like DC5R shape over DC2R shape, but DC2R is by no means an "old" shape. It just looks more manly imo, less rounded edges. Lack of sound deadening, double wishbone, lighter car, the LOOKS (different people different perspectives but I don't like how the DC5 is so rounded, needs to be more "edgy". the SR3 Recaros, the interior even with the fake cf, hydro gearbox, lower centre of gravity (dependent on how low you make your car but if it was even from car to ground dc2r would be lower), and a biggie.... DC5R = NO LSD.

Stock for stock.. DC2R would bet a DC5R around track keeping all other factors constant.

What GSi PSi said... there are cheap DC2Rs that look like their age and are cheaply priced yeh if you think dc2r is worth 10k go buy that one. If you want one that is looked after then that is your choice and pay over 15k for a rarer car. Demand vs Supply. Good condition DC2Rs are high demand low supply cars. Where as DC5R is mediocre demand, mediocre supply.
    Last edited by RtN; 24-05-2012 at 07:48 PM.

DC5R has LSD, its the Type S that doesn't if I remember correctly.

Thought some of you may be interested in checking out the prices from NZ: http://tinyurl.com/76v36ej

Quote Originally Posted by Bludger View Post
    I disagree.

most dc2r owners are P plates yelling (lol) "yolo" driving them into the ground before smashing into a tree or upgrading to evo when they get off their P plates.
    Whats yolo? Did you know something like 1/4 of Evo owners are EX Honda owners

A honda dealer noticed my car today and said it was very rare and told me to make sure i look after it
    EG

Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Whats yolo? Did you know something like 1/4 of Evo owners are EX Honda owners

A honda dealer noticed my car today and said it was very rare and told me to make sure i look after it
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...cronyms/page10

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You can justify the inflated price in a variety of ways, but does any of that actually mean that the car is worth upwards of $15k? No. There are newer and faster cars in that price range.

The only reason that people are able to charge the prices they do is that there are DC2R enthusiasts who are willing to pay it.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    You can justify the inflated price in a variety of ways, but does any of that actually mean that the car is worth upwards of $15k? No. There are newer and faster cars in that price range.

The only reason that people are able to charge the prices they do is that there are DC2R enthusiasts who are willing to pay it.
    Dude for the love of god please dont mention the car you dream about every night in this thread .....please

i can feel it coming............

just no..

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Dude for the love of god please dont mention the car you dream about every night in this thread .....please

i can feel it coming............

just no..
    hahaha that was money right there..

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Different cars, again.. drive to know the difference. Stock for Stock the DC2R wins hands down. That being said S15 is an awesome car as well once you mod it but get a lot of attention by the popo, never pulled over once even if I drive it 1-2 times a week, it is the weekend where they are out and about.

Drove my mates s15 and my dc2r, I have more feeling of the road in my dc2r, it is a much more raw car. But built s15 making just 300hp or so is a monster but then again different.
    Last edited by RtN; 24-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.