Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: buying a type r

Sounds like you would be better of with a dc5r. I guess having extra torque from an engine would kind of come under comfort for driving as well? Dc2rs seem to be going up in value. I paid less than most of those for an immaculate one owner car with 9x xxx 18 months ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by rhys.l View Post
    Sounds like you would be better of with a dc5r. I guess having extra torque from an engine would kind of come under comfort for driving as well? Dc2rs seem to be going up in value. I paid less than most of those for an immaculate one owner car with 9x xxx 18 months ago.
    I don't see how dc2r's are going up in value
    I could have tried to sell mine for 18k, but in reality they are getting old and the kms are getting higher
    With more people wanting to modify k series, dc5's I think are the way to go

Yeah some people prefer them, and there are dc2r enthusiasts out there, but even for a clean one I wouldn't pay more than 15k again when you could get a dc5r for not much more

Unless the dc2r has a k series, then that's the exception

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    That DC2R limited edition one, i can tell you its in absolute immaculate condition. Known most of the owners and they have treated the cars very well.
    Looks immac.. Looks too clean lol, has it had a respray ?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    Looks immac.. Looks too clean lol, has it had a respray ?
    I don't think so looks like factory paint, its hardly ever driven as i used to see the car in campbelltown when Paul owned it and like once a month and it would be straight to the car wash sitting there washing and waxing it
    and now new owner works at autobarn and treats it with the same care.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    why not consider ep3r?

less km's than either dc2r/dc5r and better condition than most dc5r/dc2r

value for money in my opinion
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    I don't see how dc2r's are going up in value
    I could have tried to sell mine for 18k, but in reality they are getting old and the kms are getting higher
    With more people wanting to modify k series, dc5's I think are the way to go

Yeah some people prefer them, and there are dc2r enthusiasts out there, but even for a clean one I wouldn't pay more than 15k again when you could get a dc5r for not much more

Unless the dc2r has a k series, then that's the exception
    The exact same way i see it, i dont want to be spending more then 15 on a 99 model car, it is 13 years old interior is outdated, is basically the same as the 94 model vti-r's and a dc5r shouldnt really be going for too much more.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by integraR View Post
    why not consider ep3r?

less km's than either dc2r/dc5r and better condition than most dc5r/dc2r

value for money in my opinion
    ive previously owned 3 hatchbacks, trying to get into a coupe.. finally.... lol and not really that interested in their looks to be honest

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I think a DC5R would suit you best.
    Just remember just cause something is modified doesnt mean its been thrashed.
    You can drive something hard but just as long as it's in good condition and has been serviced meticulously I'll still buy it. If you bought a sports car and hard parked it all day you'd look dumb and its only fair to expect the same from others. To me thrashed means Habib has been doing sick burnouts, flat changes [stuff I wouldn't be doing even if I was giving it a hiding] without servicing and taking car of the car. Writing it off and doing dodgy repairs.

And lets say if you wanted a car with IHE and coilovers etc, you can pick one up with all that done FOR ALOT CHEAPER trust me. A stock DC5R can be fun for only so long.

Happy shopping.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondata
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...age:Min,150000

i know it over 100kms but i dont think you will able find a car under 100km's over 10years old
    Last edited by Forbiddenoob; 20-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yeh im fine with picking one up with i/h/e and coilovers things like that, extensive im a lil worried about. I saw a mint dc5r driving infront of me yesterday! just makes me want it more... its fate haha

btw whats the best way i can go about inspecting a car.. im not to good when it comes to hands on with cars, anyone on the forum i can bring down? happy to give a little cash for their time.

And learning hands on things any thing i can do? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    ive previously owned 3 hatchbacks, trying to get into a coupe.. finally.... lol and not really that interested in their looks to be honest
    hmmm okay

are you still on p plates though? if so how long till your fulls

because with your budget you could get a lot of nice cars i.e s15, 180sx, r33 gtr
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yeh im still on my p's... i was originally going to stick it out ive had my p's for 3 yrs but because of some license complications still have 1 yr left. I was going to look into an evo 7/8, r33 gtr or s15 but having said that. the r33 if anything goes even though its my dream car i dont think id be able to afford it atm even just general up keep. The s15 is a lil to common and in general im assuming a turbo cars maintenance requirements would be more expensive, even just petrol consumption insurance and those things