Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: buying a type r

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenoob View Post
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...age:Min,150000

i know it over 100kms but i dont think you will able find a car under 100km's over 10years old
    That has had a front ender and is on revs, was on gumtree for like 10k a while back.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    That has had a front ender and is on revs, was on gumtree for like 10k a while back.
    Yeah it looks like crap too
    Paint isn't in great condition. Can see the owner doesn't how to take care of red

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Love that sneaky advertisement play
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    what?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yeh i thought i saw it on gumtree a while back for like 10-12k..

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    what?
    I think its forbidden noobs car, and he advertised it to OP ever so smoothly Lol
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenoob View Post
    http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d...age:Min,150000

i know it over 100kms but i dont think you will able find a car under 100km's over 10years old
    "Red AUS spec integra type R 2000 with Jap spec front

Just letting you know when i brought this car it came completely STOCK DC2R
    spent quite a lot money

Note there isn't Type R decal on it due to been respray 2 years ago BUT don't worry i have the decal for you to stick back on"

Let us compare the typing patterns of these two. Both of them speak in very broken English. Neither of them use periods at the ends of their sentences. Both of them live in the Sydney area and drive JDM DC2Rs. Well, actually, Forbiddenoob claims JDM, whereas the Carsales post admits that it's simply a JDM front swap (obviously due to the undisclosed front-ender). So it's pretty bloody obvious that he's trying to flog his own car.

Maybe if it wasn't a crashed, faded, modified, overpriced piece of shit, I wouldn't mind the dishonesty so much.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by indie View Post
    "red aus spec integra type r 2000 with jap spec front

just letting you know when i brought this car it came completely stock dc2r
    spent quite a lot money

note there isn't type r decal on it due to been respray 2 years ago but don't worry i have the decal for you to stick back on"

let us compare the typing patterns of these two. Both of them speak in very broken english. Neither of them use periods at the ends of their sentences. Both of them live in the sydney area and drive jdm dc2rs. Well, actually, forbiddenoob claims jdm, whereas the carsales post admits that it's simply a jdm front swap (obviously due to the undisclosed front-ender). So it's pretty bloody obvious that he's trying to flog his own car.

Maybe if it wasn't a crashed, faded, modified, overpriced piece of shit, i wouldn't mind the dishonesty so much.
    can i get an amen???
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    "Red AUS spec integra type R 2000 with Jap spec front

Just letting you know when i brought this car it came completely STOCK DC2R
    spent quite a lot money

Note there isn't Type R decal on it due to been respray 2 years ago BUT don't worry i have the decal for you to stick back on"

Let us compare the typing patterns of these two. Both of them speak in very broken English. Neither of them use periods at the ends of their sentences. Both of them live in the Sydney area and drive JDM DC2Rs. Well, actually, Forbiddenoob claims JDM, whereas the Carsales post admits that it's simply a JDM front swap (obviously due to the undisclosed front-ender). So it's pretty bloody obvious that he's trying to flog his own car.

Maybe if it wasn't a crashed, faded, modified, overpriced piece of shit, I wouldn't mind the dishonesty so much.
    lmaooo at final statement. hahaha!

Can anyone answer my questions about my noobness in regards to car mechanics

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    lmaooo at final statement. hahaha!

Can anyone answer my questions about my noobness in regards to car mechanics
    I paid like 230 for a mobile mechanic to come and inspect a car. wasnt worth it imo.

He just took it for a test drive and jacked it up. Didnt do a compression test.
    All you got to look for if you are really noob is something out of place. you have to know what certain components look like e/g a coilover.
    Jack the car up and have a look around. Pay particular attention to the engine bay. Look for STAINS. Most of the time someone could of done a messy home job fluid change. Which is ok. What is most important is detecting an oil leak. Oil leak=low oil pressure=engine failure.

Check the exhaust for excessive smoke. White or blue smoke is BAD. A single puff of it is ok but anything over 1 sec means the head gasket needa to be replaced or the piston rings are wearing.

While driving the car does it crunch?
    If it does crunch in a couple gears it means the clutch needs to be bled.
    Anything out of that is a BIGGER problem eg syncro etc.

while checking all wheels and suspension give the components a shake and tug. One evo I had a look at needed the rear left wheel bearing replaced as there was alot of play.

At the end of the day it is a USED car. you are going to have to compromise.
    If you want brand spanking new no problems. Then you need to buy brand spanking new.
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    I crashed my ek a while ago while looking at a DC5R. Don't get it they are evil cars

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    I paid like 230 for a mobile mechanic to come and inspect a car. wasnt worth it imo.

He just took it for a test drive and jacked it up. Didnt do a compression test.
    All you got to look for if you are really noob is something out of place. you have to know what certain components look like e/g a coilover.
    Jack the car up and have a look around. Pay particular attention to the engine bay. Look for STAINS. Most of the time someone could of done a messy home job fluid change. Which is ok. What is most important is detecting an oil leak. Oil leak=low oil pressure=engine failure.

Check the exhaust for excessive smoke. White or blue smoke is BAD. A single puff of it is ok but anything over 1 sec means the head gasket needa to be replaced or the piston rings are wearing.

While driving the car does it crunch?
    If it does crunch in a couple gears it means the clutch needs to be bled.
    Anything out of that is a BIGGER problem eg syncro etc.

while checking all wheels and suspension give the components a shake and tug. One evo I had a look at needed the rear left wheel bearing replaced as there was alot of play.

At the end of the day it is a USED car. you are going to have to compromise.
    If you want brand spanking new no problems. Then you need to buy brand spanking new.
    hahaha everytime i look at this "Maybe if it wasn't a crashed, faded, modified, overpriced piece of shit, I wouldn't mind the dishonesty so much." it kills me, so much haterid.

yeh i know the basics like crunching of gearbox smoke blowing and oil leaking but besides that im utterly useless lol