Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK1

Weird click sounds...dc2/

Hey guys, had my car for a few months now and lately has been making a clicking sound in the front left hand side. i think it might be the CV joint or something, i dont know so if anyone knows what the problem could be that would be awesome, thanks a bunch. oh and how much would it cost to be repaired.

Member Array
    Car:
    A honda
    Is it clicking while youre turning? if it is then it will most probably be the cv joints.
    TeamDIY
    You gotta pay to play!
    Built, not bought

Member Array
    Car:
    EK
    if it is CV's you can get them reco'ed for about 150-200 a side.

full lock your steering (left and right) and accelerate slowly and if the clicking is present. most likely your CV joints

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    if it's clicking when turning either left and right then it's your cv joints however it shouldn't be clicking while driving straight

you can buy brand new cv joints from your local repco for under 180each
    Dc2r and em1 only good if you work at McDonald's, s2k good for order food in McDonald's
    deal with it m8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    took a look at the joints this morning > they look busted up became very prominent during my drive home down camden valley rd on which is a mostly straight road - does this point to something more serious??

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    can anyone refer me to a mechanic (preferably with a hoist that can accommodate a really lowered car) that will install the parts? cheers for the help boys (Y)

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    if u need dc2 cvs pm me, im selling both sides for $100 in good condition!

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by 3KNST9 View Post
    can anyone refer me to a mechanic (preferably with a hoist that can accommodate a really lowered car) that will install the parts? cheers for the help boys (Y)
    You can buy recco drive shafts and swap them out for your old ones pretty cheaply these days, also its not a big job and really easy to DIY.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

If you hear clicking when you steer its most likey the cv joint is ****ed and needs replacing. It's cheaper to replace the cv joint rather than to recondition. If you turn left and hear clicking its the right cv. If you turn right and hear clicking it's the left cv

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM EP3 View Post
    You can buy recco drive shafts and swap them out for your old ones pretty cheaply these days, also its not a big job and really easy to DIY.
    haha im not that confident with my mechanic skills yet, dont wanna risk messing it up

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3 CTR
    Quote Originally Posted by 3KNST9 View Post
    haha im not that confident with my mechanic skills yet, dont wanna risk messing it up
    I see but Im not that good with my mechanical skills and I did those pretty easily, I can tell you it will take around 4 hours max, just unbolt the massive nut in the hub and yank it out of the gearbox, then you just put the shaft back in and do it all up.
    AKA: The Spaniard! +1 Rep me if you find my posts useful.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Also just a tip if your DIY, be careful when you lever the shaft out (I use a screwdriver) that you don't damage the dust seal.