Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I took out the whole A/C system. I'd be surprised if it was 10-12kg. The only thing that weighs anything is the compressor. If your AC works, not worth it.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    It's d15b end of story lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Hope you have a cup holder. It was the reason I hooked my PS back up lol I only disconnected it because Ive never had it and don't really like it but went soft and hooked it back up.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '91 Civic ED6
    actually the main one for making a difference was the power steering. I prefer the feel of a car without it and it is now way more fun to drive. Air con did feck all really just wanted something to do on a sunny day ha!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Silly. After driving the past 5 summers with no aircon, I'll never live without it again.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5-B16A
    aircon is essential.. no matter where you are, from either defogging your windows or just plain stinking hot during summer time its like your in an oven. So would never take mine off.
    Last edited by jase89; 23-05-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jase89 View Post
    aircon is essential.. no matter where you are, from either defogging your windows or just plain stinking hot during summer time its like your in an oven. So would never take mine off.
    tell that to steer^gimic

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '91 Civic ED6
    all gone. Weight reduction
    Every little helps ha

12kg from AC
    5kg from perspiration and sweat.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    ^LOL

Took mine out as when i did my swap i didnt have the right bracket/compressor combination. Since then, it sucked in summer BIG TIME.

Now my car isnt a streeter it doesnt matter i'd have ripped it out anyway for weight loss and to free up a little parasitic drag on the crankshaft.

I reccomend hunting down an oem ac delete kit as the condenser box under the dash is quite heavy and in combination with the brackets, compressor, lines and hoses, you're saving about 20kgs in total.

P.s. if u cant get a kit, remove the condenser box and open it up and gut out all the core etc and then TAPE UP THE BOX and re-install. Airflow wont be as powefull for your fan/blower but good enough and u save most of the weight.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Problem Solved :P but serious should've kept it

Quote Originally Posted by VT3C View Post
    as the condenser box under the dash is quite heavy
    This is a giant lie.
    FFamily