Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Eg

dc2 missfiring now not starting

i have a 1994 honda integra vti b18c2 ok two days ago i washed my engine, after replacing the sparkplugs. ran fine for a day then yesterday i noticed it was misfiring at high revs. i thought it must be one of the leads as they were old. i drove it two the shops this morning and it was running ok cold once it heated it it was missing alot all the time. so when i got home i poped out the ignition leads and two of the spark plug wells were half full of water. the other two were dry. then my mate decided to undo the plugs and let the water into the cylinder telling me it would be pushed out of the exhaust.so we cleaned dryed of everything and now i cant get the car to start. not at all i also found a fuse out. in the engine bay 7.5 amp closest to the fire wall. replaced that and the abs light handbrake battery on the dash stays on even when the key is out of the car. does anyone have any ideas or anything i can do to get it started again im not sure if the two were linked or seperate problems. maby the ignition leads are bad. help

Member Array
    Car:
    N/A
    Check your dizzy if there's water in it, if so dry it out then check for spark from the leads.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    the water in the spark plug wells wouldve been causing the car to misfire to begin with.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Check the plugs that were in the cylinders that had water in them for any abnormalties. Would also recommend replacing leads and opening your dizzy to dry it out.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    My dizzy isnt wet I Took it off alredy all looks good i checked for spark from the leads by cranking the car with the lead sitting near a ground and with the sparkplug couldn't see any spark the water was only in two of the sparkplug wells any idea on the abs light

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    Would water in the cylinder do anything

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    water doesnt compress, so depending how much went in there id be careful.

if theres a fair bit in there you can pull the plugs out of all the cylinders and crank it over and it should shoot the water back out the spark plug well.

if youre able to, also unplug the injectors so youre not squirting fuel into the cylinders as the same time.
    Last edited by Lukey; 21-05-2012 at 07:40 PM.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    Probebly about half of the sparkplug well

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    i dont understand how it was running fine after washed it then a few days later it started stuffing up

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    personally id shoot it out of the cylinder but it may not matter. it couldve taken a while for the water to sleep down to the spark plugs

some kids garage

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    How do I shoot it out of the cylinder . Right now the sparkplug and dizzy cap are off drying over night and tomorrow I'll get new sparkplugs and leads and c how I go do u have any idea how to clear the abs light

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Pull the code man but check your abs/brake fluid.
    Btw don't be surprised if you pull 1-1 motor over run, 94-95 tegs have a older model abs module and it tends to leak over time. = abs malfunction

If it still doesn't work about the misfire, check if they sold you the right spark plugs