Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R

what engine mount is needed on the chassis rails for an EK1 B18 swap

As the title says what modification will I have to do to the chassis rails to put a B18 into an EK1 and which model will I get the chassis mounts from.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    http://hasport.com/store/index.php/ekstk.html

I don't think you will need any mods

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    UMM you don't need to modify the chassis rails.
    The mounts you will need are:
    - B18C DC2 front tranny bracket
    - EK4 rear engine "T" bracket
    - B18C DC2 left side dual-post engine block mount

There are also many other issues. Let me know if you need info on the rest of the swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    I'll be using an Integra beam etc so I gather I can use its rear mount as well?
    I have a long way to go F'less so I hope you can help.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraser View Post
    I'll be using an Integra beam etc so I gather I can use its rear mount as well?
    I have a long way to go F'less so I hope you can help.
    Why the Integra beam?
    Have you got the engine yet?
    What year model is your EK1?
    Are you doing the swap yourself or just sourcing the parts?
    You will need B series axles, half shaft, B16A or B18C gearbox, DC2 or EK4 (preferably EK4) shift linkage, starter motor. The wiring and ECU you will need is dependent on the OBD of your car and engine.
    You will then need DC2 VTI-R brakes (can possibly use EK4 brakes also) to have the car legally registered on the road.
    It's a big swap for a first timer. I wouldn't reccomend it unless you have alot of passion and motivation.

DO NOT buy the engine without seeing it in person first, checking for oil leaks (many people try to hide them, but there are often still telltale signs), checking spark plugs, and hearing it running (if possible).
    DON'T TRUST ANYONE!!!
    Last edited by FAITHLESS; 21-05-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    I am using the Integra beam as I have one and the EK has some suspension damage,I posted up in another section if there were any virtues of using the Integra beam and recieved a small but positive response.
    I am a very competent auto tech with many years experience,just not with Honda swaps.The EK is a 98 and the donor car is a 98 VTI R although the engine harness and ecu was sold with the motor so that will be an issue.It will have 5 stud and R brakes,hand built R box,and B18c7 motor all of which I have.Wiring and ecu will be a problem,although I do have a 96 ek vti coupe for parts as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Sounds good. You can't use a loom from an Integra so your best option is to either find an ek4 loom or use the one from the D16Y5 in your EJ coupe. With the D16Y5 loom you will need to wire in a few sensors but it has vtec so theres one less wire.
    You will need an OBD2A P73 ECU.

By the way I think I know a guy with an ek4 loom for sale. Let me know if you want it.

Yep as above no need to modify your chassis rail unless your car is Automatic.

If using ITR front subframe (beam) you will also need to use the ITR rear engine mount and T-bracket.

Wiring and ECU - easiest way EK4 loom and B18C7 ECU. If you can't find an EK4 loom there is another option since you have the donor car.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    So I won't have to change the dash loom either ?
    Yeah ej coupe not ek,just a slip.
    Thanks for the responses so far, very helpfull.

If you can find an EK4 engine loom you won't need to change the main loom behind the dash.

If you can't find an EK4 loom, you could swap out the dash loom for a DC2 one. This will allow you to use a B18C7 engine loom and stock ECU but it's a lot of work ripping out the dash loom.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 Integra R
    It looks like I'll be chasing FAITHLESS for an ek 4 loom then,keep it simple and easy as I have a lot to do.Better get out and do some today,motor and beam to come out .

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    I've got an EK4 loom, but its missing the alternator plug and the IAT sensor, as I needed them for my swap. But if you want it, let me know.