Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12

CU2 - Slow Grinding Noise from Wheel?

Hey!

Has anyone starting to notice a weird 'grinding' sound as you slowly cruise say around 10Km/h?

i cant figure it out as at the moment im interstate and the only one here atm :P

if i go fast it does get faster so im thinking it touching on one part of the wheel/car... cant pinpoint it but as i drive close to a wall sounds like its coming from the front right wheel.

At normal driving speeds i cant hear this as i only picked up on this when i went through fast food drive thru..

i have not dont any mods to the car or thrashed it passed 4000rpm.. so i checked for rocks or whatever that may have gone near the brake callipers etc.

any idea guys?

Member Array
    Car:
    EK CIVIC
    Can be a couple of things, possibly handbrake drag - this is the most common cause across a range of vehicles. Aside from that check for clearance around all discs - jack up each corner and see if you can isolate the noise
    OHSC

how many kms on the clock.

Could be the brakes dragging or a wheel bearing or worse a CV joint.

BTW - your not doing any favours by NOT taking the engine pass 4000rpm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    3221 on the clock...

at the moment im not taking it past 4k as im trying to see my mileage atm..

take it to Honda service dept.

BTW - you've done 3k and hardly see 4k rpm, your not doing the engine any good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux MY12
    is 210km/h good for the engine?

These engines are design to be reved. I've got motor bike engines that revs 16,000rpm or even 25,000rpm and have owned a turbo Busa bike that has 390hp on the back wheels. All motors needs to be operated though out the rev range. All my motors don't blow smoke and has quite a bit of km on them and never once had I need to open her up.

You do more damage by lugging it and baby the motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY07 Accord CM5
    From my past experience, it might be a small rock stuck between the rotor and its' cover. So just push the cover back a little to see if anything falls out.
    ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS ROCK FAKESH*T

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    loose wheel nut
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

i have the same problem, seems to be coming from the front passenger side.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Try taking the rim of the side that the noise is coming from and have a look at the metal surround that sits around the rotor,spin the rotor and see if it's touching anywhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK Civic
    yeh, most likely its a small rock that wedged itself inside, you might have to take out the wheels and find that little rock, and yank it out, it happened to my euro 5 mths ago too.